SOS Staffing Services has teamed up with a leading freeze dry food producer in search of General Warehouse Laborers for their plant in Albany, OR.
Essential Job Functions:
- Read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Record accurate and legible information on customer order requests
- Pull customer orders – picking from various warehouse locations
- Responsible for correct count, accurate labeling and verifying lot and product information from the customer order.
- Assemble/bundle customer orders
- Affix shipping labels on customer orders following customer requirements
- Record shipping information on customer cases
- Stack completed customer orders onto pallets
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- As part of the picking team, cross training in all aspects of picking (small package and LTL) and boxing are expected. An ongoing competency evaluation will be given
- Attentive to detail. Able to identify incorrect codes and/or lot information.
- Ability to count accurately.
- Ability to use calculator to solve 3 digit addition and subtraction equations.
- Working Conditions (no PPE required):
- Consistent Standing/Walking up to 3 hours at a time
- Sitting periodically on the forklift
- Hot/Cold Temperatures- Warehouse conditions (no AC)
- Noisy at times (due to printers and forklift noise)
- Shift is variable 8-12 hrs and various days of the week
- Bending, twisting, squatting
- Lifting typically 6-25 lb cases but 50 lbs occasionally
- Requires reaching overhead and below waist level throughout the shift
- Good verbal and written communication skills are necessary
- Ability to work independently and apply common sense understanding. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Qualify, test and complete in-house Forklift training program.
- Operate forklift to move products onto and off of racking and throughout the warehouse.
- Load outgoing and unload inbound trailers.
- Complete OFD BOL responsibilities.
A conviction record will not necessarily prevent you from being employed. You will be required to complete and submit a questionnaire. We will consider your age at the time of the offense, when the offense occurred, the seriousness and the nature of the offense, as well as any rehabilitation to determine your employ-ability.
- Automatic Stretch wrapperm achine
- Operate Manual pallet jack
- Box knife
- Floor scale
- Stainless Push Cart
- Forklift – Electric and Propane
Interested candidates must apply via our website. Please click on the SOS Staffing link below to apply. Candidates will be required to complete a position survey. Candidates that pass this survey will be further considered for the position and will complete the application process.
SOS Staffing Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrates diversity at all levels of its organization.
SOS Employment Group - 18 months ago
When a small or midsized business is short on labor, SOS Staffing Services answers the call for help. Founded in 1973, the company provides...