Human Resources Generalist – HLS Honeywell Safety Products
Honeywell Life Safety (HLS), is a global leader in commercial fire systems, smoke and gas detection, safety products and home healthcare monitoring products. Our quality products, integrated systems solutions, and services make life safer, more comfortable, more secure, and more productive in every corner of the world. Within HLS, Honeywell Safety Products is a provider of personal protective equipment for many industries. The HSP HR Generalist has responsibilities for the Clover, SC facility. Clover is a 3 shift non-union manufacturing faciilty with approximately 100 employees.
The HR Generalist position will provide a broad range of HR support in of business objectives, strategic goals, and human resource initiatives. The HRG will proactively partner with organizational leaders to develop strategies & achieve organizational objectives as they coach and counsel on how to maximize employee engagement at all levels to achieve and sustain a positive employee relations environment. A key component to the HRG role will be to develop the plant leadership team at Clover and help lead the site through the Honeywell Operationg System (HOS) implementation. The HRG will also perform diverse assignments including staffing, talent management, compensation, diversity, learning and development, performance management, organizational development and change management, training, employee relations, and other special projects as assigned.
- Partner with site HR leader and site HOS leader to drive Honeywell Operating System initiatives across the site while maintaining schedule fidelity; utilize six sigma methodology to identify and drive continuous process improvement.
- Influence managers on optimal workforce utilization, talent management, and performance differentiation.
- Proactively address change opportunities (people, process, structure) and create plans to address.
- Create an environment of positive employee relations, keeps confidentiality, establishes trust and credibility, seen by employees as approachable and fair, balances business needs with employee needs, spends significant time interfacing directly with employees/client base.
- Support and properly apply Honeywell policies and practices. Investigate and ensure fair resolution of issues with Honeywell policies and practices.
- Identify training needs in client base and identify/recommend training programs as needed.
- Work with the Human Resources Center of Excellences to deliver on compensation, organizational development, and workforce planning strategies to address the current and future needs of the business.
- Partner with functional HR and other teams addressing business-wide issues/projects drive critical core processes (Salary Planning, Performance & Development, Census Management, Management Readiness Reviews).
- Promote Honeywell's 5 Initiatives and 12 Behaviors.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or related field
Masters Degree in HR/IR or MBA preferred
Three plus years experience in HR or related discipline
- Broad knowledge of HR disciplines and practices
- Effective facilitation, coaching, counseling, and consulting skills.
- Ability to effectively lead significant projects in the business.
- Ability to develop and translate strategies and plans into action.
- Ability to gain trust of clients and colleagues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Formulation and execution of HR strategy with sensitivity to employee satisfaction/morale.
Honeywell - 16 months ago
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...