Job Description - External: |
Come be a part of a growing organization that takes pride in our people, the quality of our products, environmental responsibilities and being the #1 Food Company in the World!
For the seventh straight year, Nestlé has been ranked as the number one consumer food products company in Fortune magazine's annual survey of The World's Most Admired Companies. Nestlé has also been named one of the top 20 World's Best Companies for Leadership in a poll conducted by Hay Group as well as being named one of the America's Top 100 Ideal Employers in a 2012 Universum study. Nestlé offers real potential for you to grow and move laterally within the vast areas and divisions of our Company. We encourage our employees to contribute to the Company's success by enabling them to experience our diverse functions, divisions, brands and nationwide locations in a way that encourages flexibility in career paths.
As part of our Nestle Nutrition Company, our manufacturing facility in Fremont, MI produces high quality Gerber Baby Food Products. Other top selling Nestle Nutrition Brands include Power Bar, Jenny Craig, Boost, and Carnation Breakfast Essentials.
We are seeking a Human Resource Generalist to join our fast-paced team-focused Human Resources staff in our unionized manufacturing facility. This position partners with factory management to deliver high quality support and advice, acts as a change agent to continually develop the culture and support our vision, and manages a broad range of initiatives in a highly challenging and rewarding environment. In this varied role, you will be responsible to handle human resource related activities which may include: recruitment, performance management, employee relations, labor relations, compliance, TPM, compensation administration, payroll assistance, training, benefits and overall adherence to Company HR policies and procedures. This position will have a strong focus on staffing, labor/employee relations and participation in continuous improvement activities/practices.
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL :
BS degree in Human Resource Management or related filed (e.g. Business, Organizational Communication, Industrial Psychology) is required.
- 3 years minimum experience in the Human Resoutce field in any of the following areas: recruitment, employee relations, employee communications, labor relations and compensation administration. Must have knowledge/experience of basic employment laws (i.e., ADA, FMLA, FLSA) and applications.
- 2 years experience with a union manufacturing work force, highly desirable.
- Experience with continuous process improvement systems/TPM environment a plus.
- Proven ability to coach others to enable them to achieve short and long term performance goals.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Team player
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Access a plus)
- Experience preferred with any or all of the following: SAP HR, Taleo, Schedulesoft, Kronos.
Comprehensive benefit package
Disability and Life Insurance options
Paid Vacation and Holidays
Nestlé is the world's largest food and nutrition company. Founded and headquartered in Vevey, Switzerland, Nestlé originated...