1. Remotely monitor E.ON wind farm operating parameters in accordance with Control Center procedures for 24/7 operations, and provide notification of operational events to the Generation Dispatch Manager, Operations and Engineering teams as needed.
2. Comply with all Control Center procedures make appropriate decisions to respond to unplanned and undocumented events.
3. Receive and respond to instructions from E.ON personnel, System Operators (ERCOT, MISO, PJM, others), and contract counterparties, concerning wind farm operations, in accordance with Control Center procedures.
4. Must develop a working knowledge of the SCADA system.
5. Complete Control Center training requirements to support dispatch and scheduling functions in the U.S power markets. Obtain within 6 months, and maintain thereafter, NERC and PJM Operator Certification and other ISO certifications as required.
6. Must communicate and collaborate well within a large team.
7. Perform ad-hoc data reporting to assist in the preparation of various reports regarding wind farm operation and performance.
8. Must work or cover 12-hour shifts over days/nights/weekends and holidays as required by management.
9. Adherence to the company’s values and behaviors as defined by the ONE E.ON philosophy.
- At least 2 years of work experience in a technical related position with at least 1 year of experience in power markets, power generation, or transmission operations or similar environment.
- Experience with OSI monarch SCADA systems is a plus.
- NERC and/or PJM Operator Certification is a plus.
: A Bachelor degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited school may substitute for 2 years of work experience. An AS/AA degree in Engineering Technology may substitute for 1 year of work experience. General conditions No expatriates or international transfer contracts accepted for this position. Local contract only.
Availability: Open until filled
Work schedule: Full-time