The successful candidate will join our Systems Infrastructure Team as a Network Engineer who will be responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, and maintaining a complex and robust nation-wide network. Further, the Network Engineer will work closely with the application support team to further build out this environment. Our 24/7/365 office is in the heart of Portlands Pearl District.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Work with Network Team on the development the overall network strategy, design, upgrades, deployment, retirement and troubleshooting of components
- Responsible for architecting new integrations and deployments in order to standardize network technologies
- Design for future state of network including integration with departments
- Act as a liaison between the business and Telco/Network carriers for design and troubleshooting
- Perform traffic analysis and capacity analysis of network systems
- Performs proof of concept testing and validation of network design in accordance with the policies adopted by the business.
- Documentation of network systems, Visio Drawings, implementation plans, and handoff documentation
- Participate in developing guidelines and procedures for Security, WANs, LANs, and network services
- Document activities in progress via weekly status reports, incident reports, logs, etc
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
- 5 years as it relates to the job description (the company may consider a candidate with less experience at a lower level)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Experience in network engineering, design, and troubleshooting
- Hands-on experience with Cisco IOS / NXOS and related technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco Firewalls, Routers, Switches and Wireless technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco IOS, Cisco NXOS, OSI Model, Switching, IP Routing, IP Subnetting, TCP/IP protocol, IPSec, Router/Firewall ACLs, VLANs, WLANs, NAT, DMVPN, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP, and structured cabling
- History of managing complex efforts with demanding customers
- Able to lift 40 lbs.
- Available for travel (10%)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Working with NERC CIP standards
- SCADA LAN/WAN communication (OPC/DCOM)
- Experience with Riverbed Steelhead WAN optimization
- Experience with Solarwinds Network Management Tools
- Experience with RSA SecureID experience
- Proven customer service and communication skills
CareerBuilder - 30+ days ago
IBERDROLA Renewables (formerly PPM Energy) is a real power player in the energy industry. Part of IBERDROLA's global network,...