JOB SUMMARY: Provide tutoring services to youth who require academic support in the home and/or community and are enrolled in either regular or special education. This service may be provided to a youth who is attending school, suspended, or preparing for GED. FVN initial vendor training certificate preferred but not required.
1. Provide tutoring services to youth at risk of out of home placement due to maladaptive behaviors in the home, school, and/or community.
2. Submits all daily/weekly/monthly/ paperwork by specified deadlines.
3. Communicates individual needs to the Genesis Community Support Services Director or Genesis Community Support Supervisor on a minimum of a monthly basis.
4. Achieves minimum caseload and service delivery requirements as directed by the Child Family Team, Genesis Community Support Director or Genesis Community Support Supervisor.
5. Complies with agency incident Reporting Policies and Procedures.
6. Perform any other duties as directed by your supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of position skill and/or ability required.
• EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE – Bachelor’s degree in education (Elementary, Secondary or Special Education) and one year combined work, volunteer, internships and/or applicable training in working with youth and families, the Developmentally Disabled population, and/or individuals with Mental Health diagnoses. Must complete the FVN system care of training.
• CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Etc. – Valid NYS Driver’s License and agency approval of driving record according to agency’s Policy and Procedures; clearance through NYS Central Registry for Child Abuse and Maltreatment; clearance for convictions of criminal misdemeanor and felony offenses. CPR and First Aid Certified (Agency will provide training). Must be cleared through NYS OMH criminal background check unit prior to first day of employment.
• COMMUNICATION SKILLS – Command of the English language exhibiting the ability to verbally communicate, read and interpret general education periodicals/professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations; write and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence, reports, etc. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to parents, students, and other employees of the organization etc.
• OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Summit Educational Resources - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard