Ke'aki Technologies, LLC, headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii, is a Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO) owned business. A premier government services company, Ke'aki Technologies offers a full spectrum of solutions that improve the performance and operational effectiveness of our government and Department of Defense customers. Our mission synchronized solutions are designed to deliver exactly what our customers need, when they need it. From base and range operations to biomedical defense support to telecommunications and IT services, we deliver the exact talent, tools and technologies needed to meet mission requirements.
Ke'aki Technologies has an exciting opportunity for a Research Microbiologist . The position will be located at U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) at Fort Detrick, Frederick, Maryland supporting the Genomics Division. The position requires a favorable NACI background check, and a signed confidentiality agreement.
The Genomics Center mission is to develop and establish capabilities for genomics and bioinformatics research to enable comprehensive genetic identification and characterization of pathogens that are considered a threat to the War fighter, and support multidisciplinary research being conducted at USAMRIID and other DOD laboratories for the development of medical countermeasures against BW threats.
1. Serve as a Researcher performing research on genetics of animal model systems (NHP, Golden hamsters, and guinea pigs) used on countermeasure development for viruses of military importance.
2. Perform nucleic-acid-based assays for quantitative and qualitative detection, identification and characterization of militarily relevant animal model systems.
3. Design, conduct and evaluate research projects to elucidate the critical determinants of pathogenesis on animal model systems for pathogens of military importance.
4. Design, conduct and evaluate research projects to elucidate the critical determinants of immunity and protection on animal model systems for pathogens of military importance.
5. Shall be familiar and have experience with immunological procedures and basic genetics including nucleic acid isolation, PCR, genotyping, phylogenetic characterization, SNPs determination and analysis.
6. Develop or revise standard operating procedures and protocols as required.
7. Organize and maintain laboratory records, analyze and interpret data and prepare manuscripts and presentation for publications or presentation in scientific conferences.
8. Train and supervise other laboratory contractor personnel as required.
9. Participate in keeping an organized, safe and professional work environment.
10. Communicate to the PI or assigned supervisor(s) experimental data, laboratory issues or other work-related issues.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
- PhD in related field
- Minimum of 4 years of experience
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Ke'aki Technologies LLC is a fast growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid vacation and sick time; and 10 paid holidays. Ke'aki Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
For additional information on Ke'aki Technologies, LLC, please visit www.keakitech.com
Ke'aki Technologies, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA) and applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, marital status, or genetic information.
Monster - 10 months ago