Job Summary: Perform sales, business development, and project management duties for existing and new pharmaceutical/biotechnology/government and academic accounts in the Southwestern US market, with heavy focus on key pharmaceutical account development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage current genomic business, identify and develop new opportunities, and drive expansion of EA genomic services into the Southwestern US (Southern California, Arizona, Texas) with specific focus on sequencing market penetration.
- Develop a Southwestern US Business Plan to aggressively and strategically pursue genomic business opportunities in new accounts while developing strong client relationships.
- Continuously monitor status of leads and opportunities to ensure a pipeline of opportunities is maintained and documented in Client Relationship Management and Forecast Database.
- Manage local marketing activities within territory, with the support of EA’s marketing department.
- Develop a track record of meeting sales goals and building on existing sales.
- Gather competitive information and assist marketing in developing competitive strategies specific to the Southwestern market.
- Provide outstanding customer focused sales and service support.
- Ensure appropriate technical strategy/solution is proposed to customer. Monitor actions and results against client expectations.
- Prioritize current opportunities to align with organization's stated goals and objectives.
- Adhere to all EA policies, procedures and employee handbook contents.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Credentials and Experience
- Track record of successful sales skills and sales growth, innovation and creativity.
- Proven self-motivated professional.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to travel regularly overnight, up to 50%.
- Experience in developing sales business plan for new fiscal year with periodic updates.
- Experience in Southwest market development for a genomics based company with a strong network of contacts to support market expansion.
- Experience in accurate forecasting and communication of resource requirements to Senior Management.
- Ability to effectively manage a home based office ideally located in San Diego. Alternative locations in CA or TX may be considered with commitment to increased overnight travel requirements.
- Solid understanding of the principles of genomics with focus on Next Generation Sequencing (RNASeq, ExomeSeq, Targeted Resequencing, Bioinformatics), Microarray technology, and Genomic Biomarker Strategies.
- Understanding of business and Industry Trends and ability to interpret the trends relevant to the business.
- Excellent analytical skills in assessing and interpreting customer technical requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must be self-directed and capable of prioritizing opportunities and performing multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain demanding timelines, work independently, and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office and utilizing a Client Relationship Management database (Salesforce.com).
- BS or higher in the life sciences, preferably molecular biology, genetics or a related field.
- 6+ years of successful sales experience in life sciences in the southwestern US market.
USA02 - US Clinical Development Svcs
Quintiles Transnational - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard
Quintiles Transnational has plenty to CRO about. One of the world's top contract research organizations (CROs), it...