For over two decades, Explore has been a trusted partner to insurance companies and government entities alike. As a premier provider of database insurance technologies and e-government applications, Explore has leading edge information solutions that make it a mainstay with Top-20 American insurance underwriters.
The Sr. GIS Analyst will provide end-to-end geospatial support for the Explore business, including ownership of the GIS infrastructure, maintenance of spatial datasets, and the building of geospatial tools to support both internal processes and customer-facing new products. Our ideal candidate is a Geography or GIS professional well versed in the usage of ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop and Server products. The successful candidate will be self-directed, creative, and a solid team player.
GIS System Maintenance
New Product Development
- Ensure the stability and availability of Explore’s ESRI ArcGIS Server and desktop implementations
- Provide light training to others on basic ArcGIS skills
- Monitor changes in the GIS industry and make recommendations to ensure that Explore’s GIS systems capitalize on emerging opportunities
- Maintain and update third-party geo-spatial datasets
- Monitor and manage licensing and invoicing for GIS tools and data sets
- Collaborate with Product Management and Analytics teams to identify and evaluate new product opportunities
- Perform analysis on geospatial data to determine its usefulness in new product applications
- Identify, design, and implement geo-spatial solutions to meet new product requirements. This may include spatial data layers, GP Services, Models and Scripts, Geo-databases, and Spatialized SQL datasets.
- Work with IT to ensure that geo-spatial solutions are optimized for Explore’s database and applications infrastructure
- Process geo-spatial steps within customer tests
- Create ancillary sales materials such as heat maps and other visualizations
Explore offers a competitive salary, full benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401k with employer match.
- Bachelor’s degree with related coursework; or equivalent
- Related graduate-level coursework or advanced training preferred
- 5+ years related work experience
- Demonstrated experience building products using geospatial technologies
- Possess excellent problems solving and organizational skills
Explore Information Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Explore Information Services - 22 months ago