For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For".
Environmental Jobs at CH2M HILL
Today, the importance of environmental stewardship is unprecedented. As businesses go “Green" and society becomes more proactive, your role in CH2M HILL's Environmental Group provides opportunities to participate in projects that will protect the Earth's natural resources. We help our clients in both government and industry markets safeguard and restore natural resources as cost-effectively as possible. Overall it is a monumental task, but with each day, we have the opportunity to limit our footprint. Ready? Let's Get to Work.
Description and Desired Qualifications
CH2M HILL Geology Careers – Atlanta, Georgia
The challenge? Help save and protect the one and only Earth we have. Our Geology jobs are your opportunity to help our clients with complex issues and protect human health and the environment. Each day, you will participate in a variety of field and office tasks related to planning, evaluating, and implementing environmental investigations and remediation projects. You should be a self-motivated, team-focused individual, with a BS/MS degree in geology or hydrogeology along with a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each geology job.
Our Geologists :
CH2M HILL will not sponsor an employment visa (H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
- Share experiences in a positive work environment where talents are recognized.
- Work in an effective team environment, learning and taking instruction from mid and senior staff.
- Primarily support field work tasks such as (but not limited to) logistics, borehole logging, well installation, soil sampling, groundwater sampling, soil-gas sampling, sample management, remediation system O&M, site reconnaissance, and subcontractor oversight.
- Contribute to the development of regulatory reporting technical documents (field logs, health and safety documentation, work plans, environmental investigation reports, etc.).
- Lead and support safety “incident free" operations in the office and in the field.
- Be the lead safety person for field activities for client work sites.
- Complete tasks within schedule and budget with a variety of teams from different disciplines and backgrounds and communicate status of tasks to project managers.
- Contribute to an employee-owned company dedicated to sustainable development practices.
- Exhibit integrity and the highest quality in all activities.
- Attain or maintain 40-hr HAZWOPER certification.
- Field work and travel requirement is approximately 50-90%.
- Bachelors Degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Engineering or related Environmental Science
- Knowledge and experience with various media (soil, groundwater, and surface water) investigations, assessments and remediation technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Office software Must be able to perform field work
- Masters Degree
- 1-2 years of consulting experience
Bachelors or 4 Year Degree
Preferred Years of Experience
What you will find
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let's get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects
CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CH2M HILL - 8 months ago
Since its founding in 1946, CH2M HILL has been building a better and more sustainable planet—delivering challenging projects that...