Building a career at Granite, may be the most valuable thing you could do…
Since 1922 Granite Construction has built some of America’s largest infrastructure projects; highways, bridges, dams, rail, power and other “heavy civil” projects. Additionally, many of our offices provide high quality concrete, asphalt and gravel products for the construction industry. At Granite, we believe that our greatest asset is our people. We build careers by encouraging creativity and providing opportunities for development. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability and Citizenship. Are we right for you, are you right for us? Why not find out!
This position is accountable for supervising on-site operations for reserve assessment as well as for the collection of reliable geologic data and constructing geologic models used for detailed reserve calculations. This position helps to maintain aggregate supply for company revenue from the materials business and grow the reserve asset base to ultimately grow share holder value.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Evaluate geologic sites for current company expansion, acquisition or Greenfield exploration.
2. Responsible for integrity and validity of acquired geologic field data.
3. Develop material testing protocols in conjugation with Regional Quality and Plant Managers, and review and analysis of material testing results to ensure accuracy.
4. Manage the drill-hole abandonment, sampling and testing process to ensure environmental compliance of national, state and local regulations.
5. Organize and manage drilling/potholing operations for various sites to obtain the most cost-effective and beneficial data unique for each site.
6. Mineral identification to audit sites for potentially harmful substances like asbestos, crystalline silica, and metals; ensure compliance of national, state, and local regulations.
7. Three dimensional geologic modeling and mine design for use in reserve estimation and mine planning.
8. Interpret conditional use permits and reclamation plans for operational constraints on reserve estimates.
9. Produce office drill-hole logs, photo logs, and geologic reports to record and preserve valuable and expensive company generated data.
10. Direct contact for branch field operations to effectively communicate findings and recommendations
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree with a geological emphasis is required
• Licensure as a Professional Geologist, Certified Engineering Geologist, or Geotechnical Engineer is desired
• 2+ years experience in rig and rig personnel management, surface mapping, core logging, subsurface mapping, and prospect development
• Experience in Construction Materials a plus
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Microsoft Office
• Illustrator or other graphics software
• SURPAC, GEMCOM or other 3D geological modeling software
• Block Modeling
• ARC View and ARC Pad a plus
• Ability to work unsupervised for long periods at a time, to ensure a successful project with limited management oversight.
• Experience in communicating complex problems and exhaustive findings to mid and upper level management
• Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
• Ability and willingness to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive for extended periods of time
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
• Travel required
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers.
Granite Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Granite Construction Inc. (Granite) is a heavy civil contractor and a construction materials producer. The Company is engaged in the...