Job Posting Title |
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2012 revenues of more than $11 billion and employs more than 30,000 staff and craft employees.
Buckskin Mine - Gillette, WY
Kiewit Mining Group is looking for entry level Geologist/Geological Engineer wanting to make a career working at our surface mining operations within North America. This position will be responsible for exploration and development drilling, hydrology, and maintaining geologic databases and computer geologic models. The Geologist/Geological Engineer will also be proficient with verbal, written and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with employees at all levels of the organization as well as possess excellent planning, time organization and problem solving skills.
1. Understand and follow all federal, state, and company health, safety, and environmental requirements.
2. Annual exploration drilling, maintaining geologic databases and models.
3. Establish and maintain communications between all levels of supervision and management.
4. Perform engineering tasks requiring standard techniques and handling minor problems of a technical nature arising during construction.
5. Exploration drilling includes, directing drill crews, sample and data collection, identification of any geologic and hydrologic hazards, creating geologic models, and dewatering systems.
6. Integrate geologic models with short and mid-range mine plans.
7. Develop and assist in annual budgets including cost and financial analysis.
8. Assist in regulatory permitting.
9. Investigate problems and/or reported incidents; identify and recommend solutions/alternatives as appropriate.
10. Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Undergraduate degree in Geology/Geological Engineering or equivalent degree.
2. Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
3. Highly motivated and self-managed to get things done right the first time.
4. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
5. Experience with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
6. Strong work ethic, detailed oriented, and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
7. The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
8. Uncompromising attitude toward safety.
9. Understands and promotes process improvement and change initiatives.
10. The ability to work shift work including nights and weekends.
11. Willingness, ability and enthusiasm for travel, sometimes on short notice.
12. Willingness and ability to relocate, long term, to job sites.
Kiewit Corporation - 16 months ago
Peter Kiewit Sons' is a heavyweight in the heavy construction industry. The general contractor and its subsidiaries have a breadth of...