Area of Interest:
Environmental & Infrastructure
The Shaw Group provides premier engineering, design, construction, and maintenance services to government and private-sector clients in a wide array of industries, including the energy, environmental, infrastructure, and emergency response markets.
Please review the below summary, responsibilities, and qualifications for this position.
Geologist to perform groundwater and soil sampling, assist with design of ground water and soil remediation systems, and to perform remediation construction oversight.
Work activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collection and interpretation/evaluation of scientific data
- Development of plans, specifications, analyses, evaluations, maps, position papers, procedures and reports.
- Communication of technical concepts, evaluation results, plans, reports, etc. via oral presentations; and ensures conformance to applicable technical standards as well as company policies and procedures
- Applies knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and nonstandard situations.
- Interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and identifies solutions to non-standard requests.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal/external business issues to improve products or services in own discipline.
- Monitors and controls costs within own work.
- Solves moderately complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Manages own time to meet agreed targets; develops plans for short-term work activities in own area. Explains difficult issues and works to establish consensus.
- Promotes teamwork; coaches and guides others.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in geology
- Experience in environmental consulting desired;
- Ability to perform field assignments including drilling and environmental sampling activities
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work independently and on project teams
- Must have 1-3 years of experience
The Shaw Group is one of the world's largest power plant engineering and construction contractors, as well as a top environmental...