Stantec’s Geotechnical Engineering group provides comprehensive geotechnical services to our clients, ranging from field explorations and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures. This is where great people and great ideas truly make a difference. Our professionals provide specialized services such as rock mechanics and geosynthetic testing, underwater inspection of foundation elements, and seismic remediation design, setting Stantec apart from other consultants. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
Stantec Consulting located in Lexington is seeking a candidate with a degree in Geology to work on various geotechnical investigations, geologic studies, hydrologic studies and environmental projects. Duties will include involvement with various field investigations, coordinating work performed by drill crews, compiling field logs and other required paperwork, soil and rock sampling, various research and report writing. The successful applicant will be working with professional engineers and geologists, field crews, clients and governmental representatives. Extended travel away from home will be required.
- Minium of a BS Degree in Geology required; a Masters Degree is preferred
- Must have practical working knowledge of the geological sciences in relation to geotechnical engineering
- Must have good writing, math, and communication skills
- A working knowledge in chemistry, hydrology, and environmental sciences is a plus
- Must be able to travel and be away from home for extended periods of time
- Must be physically able to work outside in all types of weather conditions and be able to perform various types of physical activities
Stantec - 17 months ago
Stantec knows you don't become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North...