Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Bachelor’s degree in geology or other geology related discipline.
• Minimum two years of field data collection, data review and preparation of technical documents.
• Working knowledge of geologic principles and local geologic framework, including ability to independently identify local soil types using USCS or equivalent soil classification system and correlate site geology to regional geologic framework.
• Basic knowledge of various government environmental regulatory programs.
• Understanding of personal role in supporting marketing of company services by delivering high-quality work products to clients.
• Ability to coordinate and principally self-direct assigned field investigation tasks.
• Familiarity with commonly accepted field data collection methodologies (e.g., various drilling, well installation and applicable ASTM methods).
• Ability to independently procure field equipment and assist in identifying subcontracting of investigation subcontractors.
• Strong writing and communication skills and the ability to work well with within a multi-disciplinary staff.
• Valid California driver’s license.
• Registration as a California Professional Geologist (PG) is not required but successful candidates should aspire to obtaining professional registration as soon as qualified.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
The Infrastructure and Environment Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Geologist for immediate employment in the Bakersfield office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in geological science, specific to environmental investigation and remediation. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including environmental property investigation, soil sampling, environmental remediation, and groundwater monitoring.
• Performs work for which there are set guidelines and precedents that involves plans, investigations, testing, or equipment with relatively few complex features.
• Assignments usually include one or more of the following: field work, including well installation, site reconnaissance surveys, geological sampling and parameter collection, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigations, report preparation, and other activities of limited scope requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in a specific narrow area of assignments.
• Works on small projects or portions of larger projects.
• Generates well-written summaries of investigation findings and field methods.
• Reviews analytical data for general indicators of quality for routine and complex analyses based on well-defined guidelines with minor supervision.
• Validates analytical data under very close supervision for routine analyses at a level of detail that requires intimate familiarity with method procedures and requirements.
• May be a task manager or manage small segments of projects.
• May assist in determining schedule and budget requirements.
• May help with obtaining subcontractor quotes.
• Responsible for quality control of tasks or small segments of project produced, as well as products of technical and administrative staff assigned tasks by senior project professional.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...