Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Bachelor’s degree in geology or other geology-related discipline (e.g., geophysics, hydrogeology, geochemistry, environmental geology, engineering geology)
• General knowledge of geological principles, including physical geology stratigraphy structural geology, geomorphology, environmental geology and geophysics
• Ability to write and to convey complex thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise manner.
• Proficiency in standard office suite software applications
• Awareness of behavior based safety culture and acts accordingly
• Exposure to geologic field data collection methods, including soil/rock logging, soil sampling and geologic drilling methods
• Ability to learn through on-the-job experience
• Valid driver's license required
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
Do the best work of your life!
The Infrastructure and Environment Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Geologist for immediate employment in the Cincinnati, Ohio office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate proficiency in the fundamentals of geology, data management tools, and technical writing, and be ready/capable of field work involved in environmental investigation/remediation.
URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to environmental projects involving groundwater, surface water, soil, and waste water for our clients in the manufacturing, power, and commercial business sectors as well as government agencies.
Potential position responsibilities include:
• Travel to project locations, typically within a one-day drive of Cincinnati.
• Collect and classify environmental samples, observe/document soil/rock drilling and well installation, and conduct site surveys and hydraulic testing.
• Gather data and other information to be used in the preparation of scientific reports.
• Apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations.
• Prepare data analysis and presentation for technical reports.
• Review analytical data for indicators of quality.
Other duties as assigned.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...