Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Bachelor’s degree in Geology or related field
• Six years relevant work experience in environmental assessment and remediation including preparation of remedial study documents, remedial design, remedial action, remedial operations and maintenance, installing remediation systems, preparing work plans, and pilot testing
• Professional Geologist or ability to obtain within 6 months
• Valid driver's license
• Current 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification
• Working knowledge of environmental regulations, such as those related to CERCLA, RCRA, TSCA, and CWA (NPDES, SPCC, etc.), Voluntary Remediation, Petroleum, and other programs
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team and write technical reports
• Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Project)
• Possess good communication and strong technical writing skills, and a desire to contribute to a dynamic team
• Ability to multi-task and manage a variety of project activities
• Be willing to travel – Field work will be required
• Due to the nature of the work, candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States
URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Geologist for immediate employment in the Omaha office. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The candidate can look forward to working on multi-disciplined assignment within the URS Omaha Geosciences group. This position affords the ability to make an important and meaningful contribution to our projects, our clients and the environment. The role will provide the opportunity for skill development in many aspects of the profession, as well as opportunities for increased responsibility and challenges.
We seek a technically proficient geologist with the ability to organize data in a clear fashion using basic tools (spreadsheets, graphs), and the desire to learn and apply new tools, models, and methods. This position requires fundamental knowledge of environmental geology and remediation principles, including the ability to identify and research investigation and remediation methods for environmental sites with soil and groundwater contamination. The successful candidate will be responsible for environmental investigation and remediation aspects of projects throughout the lifecycle of the remediation project from initial studies through the design, construction, operating, maintenance, and monitoring phases.
This will include conducting investigations, treatability and pilot studies as required, preparation of remedial study documents to identify, evaluate, and recommend specific remedies, environmental permitting, preparation of remedial design reports, plans, and specifications, development of remedial operations, maintenance, and monitoring plans, engineering oversight of remedial construction, and oversight of remedial operations, maintenance and monitoring activities.
Provide technical expertise on a wide range of environmental investigation, remediation, and analysis projects. Candidate will have strong technical skills in key discipline areas, and be able to take an innovative approach towards problems solving. The position requires coordinating interaction with clients and regulatory agencies, and directing field activities.
• Describe soil and bedrock samples collected during environmental soil boring/rock coring investigations
• Apply advanced knowledge of geology, geomorphology, stratigraphy, biology, and mathematics to develop site geologic cross-sections in the context of the regional geologic framework
• Analyze analytical data collected during environmental site investigation
• Prepare, review, and update environmental investigation and recommendation reports
• Manage environmental field investigations and sampling including low-flow groundwater sampling, installation of groundwater monitoring wells, direct push investigations, environmental sampling, and aquifer testing
• Operate, optimize and maintain environmental remediation systems including soil vapor extraction, multiphase extraction, groundwater pump and treat, and other technologies
• Assist with the operation and maintenance of environmental remediation systems including soil vapor extraction, multiphase extraction, groundwater pump and treat, and other technologies
• Manage and oversee subcontractors during execution of field work
• Mentor junior staff
• The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those stated above
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS Corporation - 20 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...