Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Geology, Geological Science, or related technical field
- Must be a Geologist Intern (e.g., passed the Fundamentals in Geology exam)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Project) and working knowledge of AutoCAD and GIS
- Effective oral and written communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with others to accomplish project objectives
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Relocation benefits are not available for this position
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certificate or ability to obtain one within 6 months of hire
- Valid driver's license is required
- Be willing to travel - Field work will be required
- Tolerance for working in outdoor environments, including prolonged walking or standing on various terrain in a wide range of weather conditions
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States
- General knowledge of geological principles, including physical geology, stratigraphy, structural geology, geomorphology, environmental geology, etc.
URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented entry level Geologist for immediate employment in the Omaha office. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to working on multi-disciplined assignment within the URS Omaha Geosciences group. This position affords the ability to make an important and meaningful contribution to our projects, our clients and the environment. The role will provide the opportunity for skill development in many aspects of the profession, as well as opportunities for increased responsibility and challenges.
This position offers opportunities to gain experience preparing and implementing scopes of work and maintaining budgets for a wide variety of environmental and water resource projects, drilling with various types of drill rigs, collecting soil and groundwater samples and comparing laboratory analytical results to state and federal regulatory levels for contaminants, and preparing reports to clients and regulatory agencies describing site characteristics and soil and groundwater conditions.
Candidate will work on environmental site assessments and characterizations that include soil and/or groundwater sampling and analysis; installation, testing and sampling of groundwater monitoring wells; and soil and groundwater remediation. The great variety of projects and assignments available at URS will give the candidate multiple opportunities to gain experience on projects that will lead to a rewarding and diverse career. The candidate will promote growth with new projects by maintaining and enhancing client satisfaction.
The successful candidate has the ability to work effectively and efficiently with other personnel, agency representatives, clients, and contracted service providers. The candidate will have opportunities to grow into a decision-making and field supervising position to direct field operations and successfully complete projects in the best technical manner within budget constraints.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
- Describe soil and bedrock samples collected during environmental soil boring/rock coring investigations
- Apply knowledge of geology, geomorphology, stratigraphy, biology, and mathematics to develop site geologic cross-sections in the context of the regional geologic framework
- Compile and organize analytical data collected during environmental site investigation
- Prepare, review, and update environmental investigation and recommendation reports
- Conduct environmental field investigations and sampling including low-flow groundwater sampling, installation of groundwater monitoring wells, direct push investigations, environmental sampling, and aquifer testing
- Supporting environmental remediation activities including emergency response support, oversight of remedial actions and installation of remediation systems
- Assisting with the operation and maintenance of environmental remediation systems including soil vapor extraction, multiphase extraction, groundwater pump and treat, and other technologies
- The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those stated above
URS Corporation - 2 years ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...