Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
• Entry level – no experience required
• Bachelor’s degree in geology, hydrogeology, geophysics, environmental geology, or engineering geology
• Must have good interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be willing to travel to project sites, as needed
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Do the best work of your life!
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, oil and gas, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
The Infrastructure & Environment Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, talented geologist for immediate employment in the Overland Park, Kansas office. The appropriately-qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in geology, specific to oil and gas and hazardous waste. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Performing specific and limited portions of routine assignments
• Gathering data and other information to be used in the preparation of scientific reports
• Applying standard practices and techniques in specific situations
• Preparing basic data and scientific documents
• Reviews analytical data for general indicators of quality for routine analyses based on well-defined guidelines
• Performing routine tasks
• Working under close supervision, with direction given on all assignments
• The successful candidate will have the following skills, knowledge, and abilities:
• General knowledge of geological principles, including physical geology stratigraphy, structural geology, geomorphology, environmental geology, and geophysics
• Ability to write and to convey complex thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise manner
• Proficiency in standard office suite software applications (e.g., Microsoft Office)
• Awareness of behavior-based safety culture and acts accordingly
• Exposure to geologic field data collection methods, including soil/rock logging, soil and groundwater sampling, and geologic drilling methods
• Ability to learn through on-the-job experience
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...