Technical Specialist. Responsible for coordinating the computer needs and applications for geoscientists. Responsible for training geoscience community in the use of technical systems, applications and their capabilities. Denver-based position, providing local geoscience support for our Denver office as well as company-wide responsibilities.
- Technical support specialist for Solaris and Linux based Geoscience applications
- Leads in-house training sessions for geoscience community
- Performs project diagnostics and restoration
- Provides support and direction in Visualization center operations
- Assists in the installation and upgrade of all geoscience applications and hardware
- Bachelors Degree in Geology or Geophysics and a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience or additional equivalent experience
- Geoscience Application and System support experience
- Proficient in Geoframe and Finder applications
- Familiarity with ESRI Software
- Familiarity with Unix and Sun Platforms
- Proven ability to recognize and solve data related problems
- Excellent oral and written communication
# Working Conditions
Normal office environment.
The requirements and specifications listed above are intended to describe the general function and level of the personnel assigned to this classification. It is not intended to limit any additional responsibilities, duties and/or skills that may be required of the incumbent.
Noble Energy, Inc. - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard