- Will use advanced geospatial tools and statistical software to produce investigative and analytic products
- Works in direct support of MISO Planners and as a member of the operational assessment team. The analyst also receives direct requests for support from internal and external partners in operations, plans, and intelligence
- Communicates regularly with the customer in order to clarify requirements, develop questions, and make recommendations
- Formulates analytic questions which may be descriptive, exploratory, or explanatory in purpose. After evaluating existing resources and capabilities to conduct multi-disciplinary analysis, the analyst formulates a hypothesis that answers the analytic question
- The analyst will develop a realistic and defendable analytic framework and collect necessary data using multiple classified and unclassified sources. Using advanced Microsoft Excel techniques and statistical software (SPSS), the analyst will integrate and format data to be projected on geospatial analytic software. Because the data is often merged from numerous sources, the geospatial analyst must synchronize and clean the data to ensure valid results. One normal and time-consuming step is determining and validating the geo-location of each piece of information with as much precision as possible. When this information is unavailable, the analyst must use experimentation or alternative approaches to find the best available solution
- Evaluates the source and nature of the data to determine its appropriate format for ArcGIS.
- Knowledgeable of statistical significance of the applied GIS functions and can justify the methodology and significance behind the analysis to the customer. Once projected, the geospatial data layer is compared to other maps of relevant data using GIS overlays in order to identify possible relationships between the primary dataset. These may involve analysis of distance, frequency, and variance. Any apparent relationships are tested against related or corollary data. Significant findings are tested statistically using the source data set and/or independent data sets
- Creates appropriate graphics, statistics, and descriptions with which to explain and illustrate the analysis to the customer, such as maps, charts, and tables.
- Collaborates with partners (social scientists, intelligence, media analysts, and operations managers) to integrate geospatial findings into analytic reports and briefs of the operations assessment team
- Regularly produces short-notice geospatial products, as well as works on multiple long-term projects
- To accommodate the dynamic nature of information and technology constraints, the analyst will also allocate time to learning new software, applying new statistical methods, and expanding, updating, and refining the existing geospatial database
- Bachelor's Degree in a field requiring application of analytical skills and mindset, masters preferred
- 7 years of hands-on experience conducting geospatial analysis
- Prior experience with Afghanistan/Pakistan intelligence analysis (prior OEF/OIF/OND deployment preferred)
- Above average Excel experience with data management/data visualization
- Able to use advanced functions, create macros (preferably with VBA code), create professional charts/graphs
- Experience with qualitative/quantitative analysis, preferably on issues related to statistics, international affairs, the AO, and social sciences
- Experience conducting all-source research, especially on the internet and other open sources
- Experience working with Arc GIS, specifically geocoding data sets, basic spatial analyst functions, manipulating and creating shapefiles, and data visualization
- Experience writing reports, small papers, and briefing slides/notes.
Familiarity with Google Earth
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite 2007; In particular, a high proficiency in Excel data manipulation, formulas, and macros. MS PowerPoint and Excel are required for creating and formatting geo-visualization products
- Experience ArcGIS; In particular, capabilities to format data to edit and create new files
- Experience with SPSS Analytical Software
- Data visualization using Arc GIS, Google Earth, and MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
Leonie Industries offers you the opportunity to join an innovative, well respected organization and collaborate with industry experts and exceptional individuals. We provide a competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please apply online via our website at
. Please provide a cover letter outlining your experience and salary expectations as you create your Leonie Industries profile.
Leonie Industries, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V