The Geospatial Analyst will:
- Extract and/or acquire geospatial information, derivative information, and multi-INT data from selected sources for analysis and visualization.
- Apply geospatial analytical methods, substantive intelligence expertise, and logical judgments to solve problems.
- Collaborate with analysts and customers on relevant topics.
- Write analytical intelligence reports, graphics, and briefings to communicate the analysis rendered.
- Assist in developing and implementing a metadata catalog based on NGA standards.
- Assist in establishing and managing geospatial analysis research and production.
- Create, update, and manage geospatial information system databases and products.
- Assist in identifying, compiling, and assessing geospatial and imagery data sets to support requirements.
- Collaborate with analysts and customers as required.
- Use a multi-INT approach towards performing geospatial analysis and present results for inclusion in standard NGA imagery analysis products, such as NES remarks, First Looks, Cables, NIBs, and IRs.
- Use a variety of geospatial analysis software suites to accomplish the mission. In general, NGA uses ESRI, ArcGIS, Socet Set, and Socet for ArcGIS software. NGA specified digital data formats will be used which may include: commercial imagery, panchromatic data, spectral data, and SAR data. Knowledge of programming in Visual Basic and experience working with GIS and photogrammetry are necessary.
- Provide geospatial analysis services in the form of datasets and visualization products that result in the creation standard, and non standard NGA intelligence reports, including reports such as NIBs, FLs, and IRs.
- BS/BA in relevant field or 4 years commensurate experience.
- 4 years (Journeyman), 8 years (Senior) experience in geospatial analysis.
- Knowledge of standard geospatial analysis software suites used by NGA to accomplish its mission, (e.g., ERDAS IMAGINE, ArcMap, ArcView, Remote View, FalconView, SocetSet, Socet GXP).
- Knowledge of GIS applications such as ARC GIS, ARC View, and ARC Explorer, Google Earth, and Microsoft Virtual Earth.
- Knowledge of NGA-specified digital data formats (commercial, NTM, airborne, motion and full motion video, panchromatic, spectral, thermal, and SAR data).
- Knowledge of Intelink database.
- Knowledge of standard and non-standard NGA reports (e.g., NES remarks, NIIBs, First Looks, and IRs).
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- MA/MS in relevant field.
- Knowledge of NGA and IC structure, processes, and operations.
EOIR Technologies - 2 years ago