Vistronix is a premiere provider of Geospatial, Software Development, and Systems Integration services for Federal government agencies. In support of a technically challenging program in Fort Worth, TX, Vistronix is actively seeking a highly skilled Geospatial Systems Analyst. In this role, you will have the opportunity to put your technical skills to use supporting Natural Resource Conservation activities. If you are looking for a technical role that will provide professional growth as well as the opportunity to work with other highly skilled technical professionals, this may be your next ideal career opportunity.
The selected candidate will support GIS Systems and datasets using the ESRI suite of geospatial tools. The position includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support spatial processing, data provisioning, data management and web service technology.
- Have responsibility for geospatial data processing and web service management/development using the ESRI toolset.
- Have responsibility for the complete life cycle for managing geospatial data in an enterprise environment – from development to provisioning and deployment.
The most qualified candidates will possess the following education and experience:
The following skills and competencies are required:
- Computer Science, or GIS degree – Experience may be substituted for degree
- 2 – 10 years working as a GIS Analyst
- Experience with the ESRI Suite of tools.
Desired skills include the following:
- Candidate should understand geospatial processing and data management.
- Candidate should understand how to use the ESRI Toolset – desktop and server products.
- Candidate should have experience processing geospatial data using python scripting.
- Candidate should understand how to develop ArcGIS Web Services.
- Candidate should understand how to design and develop spatial databases using RDBMS software.
- Candidate should have good technical writing skills and the ability to document data and processes.
- Candidate needs to be able to innovate and develop solutions for managing spatial data.
The selected candidate is subject to a background investigation by the government and must be able to meet the requirements to hold a position of public trust.
- Experience with elevation data.
- Experience with ESRI GeoPortal products.
- Experience with ArcGIS Server.
- Experience with ESRI Mosaic Datasets.
- Experience developing Cache Tile Layers.
- Experience managing Geospatial Meta Data.
- Experience managing ArcSDE or native geospatial databases.
- Experience managing IIS and Windows Servers.
- Experience with ESRI Model Builder
- Experience with C#, .NET and Silverlight
- Candidate does not have to be a programmer/developer, but programming skills would be considered a strong plus.
- The ability to develop with Python
- Experience with Agile Team Environment
Vistronix staff members enjoy a collaborative working environment. We recognize our staff members for their contributions to the team’s success as well as individual professional accomplishments. Vistronix offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Vistronix, Inc. - 16 months ago