Dewberry is currently seeking a Geospatial Applications Developer to become part of our Geospatial and Technology Service Group in Fairfax, VA. This individual will support enterprise and cloud implementations of geospatial applications for the web, desktop, and mobile uses. Join one of the largest geospatial practices in the country that offers constantly evolving and innovative solutions for federal, state, and local government clients.
- Participate in requirements and design of geospatial applications, including documentation of needs and proposed architecture
- Development of web, mobile, and desktop geospatial applications
- Strategizing implementation, including resource scheduling, deployment procedures, and testing
- Prepare technical documents and reports for management
Required Skills & Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems or related field
- A minimum of 4 years of experience with geospatial development/ engineering
- Experience developing on multiple platforms including Silverlight, Android, Flex, .NET, and Java Script
- Knowledge of geospatial web services, including WCS, WMS, WFS, and Esri web services.
- Experience with object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience with application level protocols (HTTP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, FTP, RPC, PPTP, IPSec).
- Extensive experience with web programming (HTML, client side scripting, AJAX).
- Extensive experience with the following ESRI products: ArcObjects, ArcGIS, ArcServer,, ArcSDE, and ArcEngine.
- Experience with Google Maps API or other web mapping platforms such as OpenLayers, MapServer, Geomajas, GeoBase
- Excellent writing and verbal communication
- Must be willing to travel if required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
*Dewberry is an equal opportunity employer.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
Dewberry - 11 months ago