Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - General
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering plus Master’s Degree in Geotechnical Engineering
• 5 years of relevant geotechnical experience and a PE license
• Good Communication and Writing Skills
• U.S. Citizenship or Green Card Required
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
URS Corporation is a fully integrated engineering, construction and technical services organization with the capabilities to support every stage of the project life cycle. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; and decommissioning and closure services.
We provide these services for the U.S. federal government, national governments of other
countries, state and local government agencies in the United States and internationally,
FORTUNE 500 companies and other multinational corporations. URS has approximately 45,000
employees in a network of offices in more than 30 countries.
The Company's business is focused on four key market sectors: Federal, Infrastructure, Power,
and Industrial & Commercial.
In this assignment, candidate will support engineering mining, power, and transportation projects throughout the southwest. Responsibilities include planning and conducting field investigations, including geotechnical drilling and sampling, dam inspections, and environmental sampling; conducting analyses; conducting engineering calculations; preparing reports; preparing drawings and technical specifications; preparing material quantity calculations and cost estimates; and providing construction services, including construction oversight and other construction-support services. May coordinate or oversee design drafting and field services personnel. May attend client meetings and interact with client and contractor representatives. Other responsibilities include communicating and interacting with project managers, other team engineers, and project staff effectively. Guide and perform geotechnical analyses including stability and seepage analyses, settlement estimates, liquefaction, and deformation evaluations. Prepare and present analysis documentation for support of designs and submittal to regulatory agencies.
Prepare detailed reports presenting results of field work, laboratory testing, and analyses. Support marketing efforts for geotechnical and civil design projects. Manage tasks with other team geotechnical, civil, and design members. Direct junior engineers in field investigations, laboratory testing, and analyses.
• Prepare Geotechnical Proposal/Work Scope
• Developing laboratory testing and materials characterization programs.
• Assign strength and material properties
• Perform geotechnical analyses, including slope stability, seepage, liquefaction, deformation, shallow and deep foundation design, earth retention, etc.
• Calculations will include both manual (hand) and computer modeling.
• Preparation of technical memoranda and reports
• Applicants must demonstrate excellent writing, analytical, communication and organization skills. Successful applicant must also demonstrate ability to work as part of multidisciplinary groups and also independently with little supervision.
• Multi-disciplinary team of geotechnical, civil, and environmental engineers, and geologists all of which work together to develop civil designs for our clients.
• Lined process water impoundments
• Water storage dams evaluation and design
• Deep and shallow foundation design
• Mine heap and dump leach stockpile design
• Flood control and irrigation design
• Power facility design (substation and PV array)
• Pavement Design
• Retaining Wall Design
• Annual Dam Inspection
Project Components :
• Development of Work Plans
• Geotechnical Analyses and Design
• Report Writing
• Project/Task Management
• As the candidate becomes more knowledgeable with current project work and clients they will have the opportunity to and are expected to identify additional clients and market sectors in which we may expand services.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...