Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression.
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 11,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
Our Houston office is currently seeking a Geotechnical Leader to prepare a business strategy and group development with a focus on offshore and onshore oil and gas projects. This Leader will develop and maintain business contacts with oil and gas operating company clients, contractors and collaborators to enable the business to achieve its strategic goals. In addition, the Geotechnical Leader will oversee Geotechnical engineering design, geotechnical site investigations and foundation works at onshore and offshore sites.
The job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design geotechnical engineering and foundation elements for energy related projects.
- Prepare and review sketches and drawings detailing the systems designed.
- System design calculations.
- Attend construction site and offshore sites related to project and consultancy commission
- Report writing
- Coordinate of work with engineers of other disciplines.
- Coordinate of work with project drafting staff.
- Completion of work within agreed project target man-hours and expenses.
- Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
- PhD or Masters degree in Geotechnical Engineering
- At least 15 years engineering post graduate experience.
- PE (Geotechnical) License advantageous.
- Computer literate on the Microsoft Office Suite
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Good interpersonal skills – able to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated – able to work with little supervision.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Arup - 14 months ago
Things always look up for Arup Group, a global design and business consulting firm. The company provides engineering, architectural, and...