ASI Constructors, Inc. (since 1978) is an industry leader in the dam and water resource construction market, providing services worldwide. Our company is a self-performing, heavy-civil contractor that specializes in the construction and rehabilitation of dams (RCC, earthfill, and concrete), hydroelectric and renewable energy facilities, pipelines, tunnel/shaft rehabilitation, storm/sanitary sewer system improvements, and other major water resource projects. We also offer many additional specialized services through our Marine Group including inspection, on-water/underwater construction, and maintenance. ASI has successfully completed more than one hundred dam and dam rehabilitation projects, and over thirty new RCC dams.
ASI is currently hiring for a Geotechnical Professional Engineer at our Canton Lake Dam site in Oklahoma. To apply for this position please submit your resume via constructionjobs.com, or email it to email@example.com . Feel free to call us at 719-647-2821 and ask for Amy Smith, PHR with any questions about this posting. You may also fax your information to 719-647-2890.
The Canton Lake Dam project consists of constructing a concrete flood control structure. This auxiliary spillway will consist of a weir and nine fuse gates.
Position: Project Engineer
Reports to: Project Manager (Level I or II)
Summary of Position: Support construction activities by providing support for a portion of the following: planning, organizing and implementing those management duties, project controls systems, engineering interface, subcontract and materials management, purchasing, scheduling. Responsible for portions of project administration.
FLSA Status: Salaried/Exempt
Key Activities and Position Responsibilities:
The PE will be responsible for monitoring and oversight of the support of excavation, dewatering, excavation and backfilling at the Canton Lake Dam Project. Must have proven abilities and skills in the following: geotechnical engineering, communication (verbal and written), planning, organization and leadership. Additionally, the PE must set standards of excellence in leadership, safety, quality and productivity. Must have working knowledge of CPM scheduling, unit man-hour performance, materials control, estimating, job cost updates and subcontracts.
ASI employees must work cooperatively with other employees, and have a good positive attitude. They must also be punctual. Further, this means that you must be ready to work when your shift starts. So, you must arrive at work with enough time prior, to ready yourself for the shift. They should also work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Become thoroughly knowledgeable with the project's contract documents, drawings, specifications and scope of work.
- Assist with the maintenance of the project master schedule using CPM techniques and appropriate scheduling software with input from other project management personnel.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Productivity Monitoring System, review with other project team members and supervisors.
- Assist with document control, receive and log in new issue drawings and other contract documents, maintain document control log.
- Assist with field estimating/change orders.
- Assist with monthly Project Status Report (PSR) and Cost and Revenue forecasts.
- Attend and support ASI internal planning and coordination meetings.
- Assist with purchasing and procurement.
- Assist with project quality control/assurance.
- Assist with subcontract management.
- Prepare and transmit submittals (materials, vendors) to client for approval.
- Provide supervision, mentoring and training for lower level engineers.
- Listen to directions and suggestions from supervisors or other employees regarding safe and proper work practices. Evaluate that information to devise and implement a plan based on the evaluation for carrying out the duties of this position.
- Identify workplace safety hazards and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize them.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Ability Requirements for ASI Personnel:
Working in the field at ASI Constructors Inc. is often physically demanding. The following list describes the minimum ability requirements for field personnel.
Preferred Qualifications and Training:
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials;
- Move heavy objects (94 pounds or more) short distances (20 feet or less);
- Move light objects (less than 94 pounds) long distances (more than 20 feet);
- Work long shifts with non-standard break times;
- Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements;
- Learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting;
- Must have good hand-eye coordination;
- Must have quick reaction times;
- Must be able to hear adequately enough to be alerted by horns, sirens, shouting, or any other noise that is meant to convey a safety warning; If corrective device is required to achieve this level of hearing, the employee must be able to wear PPE without interfering with the corrective device or the required PPE;
- Lift arms above shoulder level (i.e., throws bags into a truck);
- Must have good balance and must not be clumsy;
- Climb ladders or steps to reach objects;
- Must be able to work at heights of up to 100’ or more;
- Must be able to work in confined or enclosed spaces;
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time;
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time;
- Must be able to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, and safety-toed boots;
- Must be able to walk moderate distances to reach work area (1/2 mile or more);
- Enter the cab of a vehicle that is 3.5 feet (or more) off the ground;
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions;
- Must be committed to contributing to a culture of safety, looking out for yourself and others.
The Project Engineer requires an undergraduate degree in a civil engineering or an engineering field, or equivalent experience and education, and a minimum of 7 to 10 years’ experience in heavy/civil project or field engineering. Candidate must currently hold a Professional Engineer’s License in Civil Engineering.
ASI's PE must have a geotechnical engineering background; the salary will commensurate with experience.
Compensation: We offer a competitive benefits package including medical & dental insurance, 401K, and vacation.
Salary Range: Dependent on Experience. 65k-90k
ASI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jan 20, 2013
$65K - $90K DOE
US - Oklahoma
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Canton Lake Dam
ConstructionJobs.com - 15 months ago