The Geothermal Power Plant Operator is qualified through the facilities qualification program to operate and perform Preventive Maintenance of the Cove Fort Geothermal Facility. They are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the geothermal power plant equipment for which they have qualified. The Geothermal Power Plant Operator Technician will read and record all parameters associated with an operating power plant and geothermal well field on a daily basis.
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
- Day to day operations and monitoring of the power plant and well field
- Performs weekly equipment inspections and/or operation
- Updates plant procedures as necessary
- Maintains records, and reports, including plant logs associated with the power plant
- Operates the plant equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures during routine and upset situations
- Safe operation of plant heavy equipment i.e. man lift, forklift
- Housekeeping duties of the plant, the control room as well as other assigned areas.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance as assigned on assigned systems.
- Timely completion of position related special projects as deemed appropriate and assigned by the Operations Supervisor or Manager.Drives and maintains company vehicles
- Troubleshoots plant problems as assigned
- Works with all Process Safety Management programs (LOTO, Hot work, Confined Space) as needed.
If interested please send your resume and salary information to EGPNA.HRRecruiting1@enel.com with Cove Fort in the subject line
- High School Diploma
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to utilize all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for the position.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Understanding of thermodynamic and electrical principles
- Operational power plant experience is a plus.
- Willingness to work overtime when required.
- Working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft office suite.
- Successful completion of plant operations qualifications program for both the Salt Wells and Stillwater plants
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills required.
- Physical Activities: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Mental Functions: Comparing, copying, calculating, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. This could include, working in extreme heat or extreme cold conditions.
- The noise level in the environment is usually loud and requires the use of PPE.