Duties include analyzing geothermal reservoir, production and injection data. Provide data analysis support to the Geothermal Production Analysis group at The Geysers, the world's largest geothermal field. Calpine is North America's leading geothermal power producer. At The Geysers, about 100 miles northeast of San Francisco, Calpine harnesses naturally heated steam from the earth to create electrical power. This renewable "green" power is available to consumers throughout California. This position reports to the Manager of Geothermal Production Analysis.
Candidates should be working at the graduate level in an accredited engineering or geology program.
About Interning at Calpine:
As a Calpine intern, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our business and will be surrounded by people who are committed to helping you learn and gain experience in the geothermal field. Interns will be able to put theories they learned from college courses into practice as they work closely with professionals on projects. Due to the training nature of an internship, it is imperative that interns are provided with sufficient supervision and mutually agreed upon learning objectives. Therefore, interns will be involved in weekly meetings in conjunction with challenging on-the-job training and intern evaluations via their mentors at Calpine.
Internships typically last 3 months, include a salary, and are a combination of intensive training and work experience. Talk to your college or university about receiving academic credit or work experience at Calpine. We consider candidates who are currently enrolled in accredited Bachelors and Master’s Degree programs in engineering and geology.
Calpine is located in the beautiful, remote, mountainous location of the Mayacamas Mountains and it is recommended our interns spend the summer living in the town of Cobb or Middletown. Commuting options such as Santa Rosa, Healdsburg or Calistoga will take approximately one hour and San Francisco is approximately a 2.5 hour drive.
Your Calpine mentor will provide you with a letter of recommendation post your internship in order to build up on your curriculum vitae (CV).
Calpine understands the value of embracing stewardship in the growth and development of the geothermal industry. Therefore, it is one of Calpine’s goals to provide valuable work experience to engineering and geology students. In order to achieve this goal, Calpine has adopted the following guidelines regarding accepting internship applications as described below
1. Prerequisites for interns to demonstrate:
• Strong work ethic and initiative
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Intrinsic motivation and initiative for self-development
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Active involvement in extracurricular activities
• Good academic standing or GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Enrolled in an accredited university within six months prior to your internship start date
• Must be at have met the minimum education levels listed above.
2. Interested applicant should attach the following:
• Cover letter specifying why the applicant would like to work at Calpine and what distinguishes them from other candidates
• Official transcripts
3. Drug testing is required prior to working any internship at Calpine.
Calpine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer