Position: Gift Team Assistant
Reports to: Gift Team Leader
The Gift Team Assistant is primarily responsible for timely and accurate gift processing and data entry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Accurately enters and reviews gift data from various sources including spreadsheets, checks, online sources, email and mail.
2. Maintains a high level of understanding of Raiser’s Edge and how it best supports PIH’s fundraising efforts.
3. Adheres to current departmental guidelines, processing policies, and protocols while assisting the Gift Team Leader in developing and improving those standards.
4. Ensures the timeliness and accuracy of gifts as well as appropriate gift backup under the supervision of the Gift Team Leader.
5. Enters biographical donor information while maintaining complete confidentiality regarding all constituent data. Handles all confidential materials with discretion.
6. Assists with record updates and data integrity projects.
7. Works under the supervision of the Gift Team Leader.
8. Provides information to constituents as needed, e.g. responding to inquiries and conducting thank you calls to supporters.
9. Performs other duties, as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS:
1. A minimum of 2 years of data entry experience preferred.
2. Must be extremely reliable and have strong attention to detail. Must be organized, goal oriented, and have solid workflow management skills.
3. Must have excellent computer skills in a PC environment with the capability to master new software applications and technologies focused on data management. Functional use of Microsoft Excel and Word is expected. Experience with Raiser’s Edge is strongly preferred.
4. Must be able to proactively recognize and evaluate problems quickly and display sound judgment by knowing when to seek guidance from manuals or other team members.
5. Must display comprehensive analytic and research skills to gather and determine essential data from a variety of sources.
6. Must adhere to departmental guidelines and be flexible with, and participate in, PIH’s continuous evolution of processing policies and protocols.
7. Must demonstrate ability to be a team player.
8. Must have the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team with a diverse team.
9. Must work well under pressure and be willing to work additional hours during peak periods including occasional evenings and weekends.
10. Must provide excellent customer service to donors, and assist other staff members in maintaining a similarly high level of donor focused service.