At 1-800 CONTACTS our Glasses Technicians work in the fastest growing glasses lab in Utah. Their responsibilities include, but are not limited to: cutting lenses to specified requirements, inspecting lenses to ensure quality and accuracy, assembling and adjusting frames and working in a team based environment to ensure that production goals are met.
• $13.00 per hour plus Bonus Pay based on Performance.
• Training Requirements:
It is required that all new hires attend the 2 - 4 week training. Training start dates are determined by the hiring manager and will be 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with the ability to work a rotating Saturday shift as well as a potential 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. shift based on department needs.
• Previous optical lab experience required
• Intermediate computer and technical skills required
• Experience measuring lenses with Lensometer preferred
• Experience with lens stock ideal
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to focus on repetitive tasks for an extended amount of time
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work with small instruments and supplies for long periods of time (such as small screws, screwdrivers, pliers, and other tools)
• Basic math skills required
Once an offer is accepted, all external applicants are subject to a background investigation
and if appropriate, drug testing. Offers of employment shall be contingent upon
passing both the background investigation and drug testing (if required).
*Current WellPoint associates: All referrals must be submitted through the formal
associate referral process on WorkNet. Official guidelines for the associate referral
program can be found in My HR.
*WARNING : Please beware of phishing scams that promote work-at-home opportunities and may also pose as legitimate companies. Please be advised that a WellPoint recruiter will never ask you for a credit card or any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. All of our careers require that you first complete an online application on our wellpoint.com/careers web site.
Similar Job Postings
Glasses Lab Technician
Shipping Associate I (G...
WellPoint - 8 months ago
WellPoint, Inc. (WellPoint) is a health benefits company serving 35 million medical members, as of December 31, 2008. The Company is an...