POSITION SUMMARY: Performs glazier duties, including selection of the correct glass or similar material, cutting, fitting and installation of glass and/or shade material
1. Performs daily review and prioritizing of work orders, job assignments and routine inventory/supply actions.
2. Performs all assigned journeyman glazier tasks in accordance with skills of the trade
3. Replaces all broken glass from windows and doors and other applications.
4. Installs glass in new construction applications, as required.
5. Maintains window and door hardware, repairs hinges and locks.
6. Repairs leaks around windows and doors, re-seals and/or removes and replaces seals.
7. Maintains building skylights; removes, repairs, re-seals and replaces, as required.
8. Performs all glazier and related duties in a conscientious and safe manner.
1. Maintains map displays; repairs, replaces and installs map racks on walls.
2. Installs and/or re-locates tack-strips, hangers, etc. on walls.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
1. Standing, walking, sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping or crouching, kneeling, crawling, reaching, pushing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing.
2. Frequent attention: with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less as well as 20 feet or more, ability to adjust eye
to bring object into sharp focus, ability to ID and distinguish colors, and a field of vision that can be seen up and down or to right or left while fixed on point, all required.
3. Moderate physical demand with regular lifting of light (1 to 25 lbs.) items and occasional lifting of average to heavy items (25lbs. to over 60 lbs.) by hand or with mechanical assistance.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
Subject to both inside and outside working conditions, with some exposure to a variety of physical hazards such as proximity to electrical current and/or moving mechanical parts, as well as adverse atmospheric conditions with some present to the extent of being disagreeable. May be required to wear a respirator. Travel between buildings required.
Hazelwood School District - 22 months ago