The Active Network, Inc. provides Software as a Service and marketing services to community service organizations worldwide and has earned a reputation as a leading online destination for active lifestyles. The company’s application services help organizations reduce the cost and complexity of managing the things people love, want, and need to do during their daily activities. StarCite is part of the Active Network. StarCite provides web based solutions that help buyers and suppliers strategically manage corporate meetings and events, providing the world's leading online meeting management platform.
The Strategic Account Manager has overall responsibility for retention and satisfaction of existing customer base to achieve successful customer renewals. Is responsible for generating increased usage of the StarCite platform with existing install base customers. Collaborates with Global Account Manager to create and execute an account plan that foots to organic growth, finding new uses and users of the platform and overall customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Additional duties may be assigned.
- Account planning - Create account plan pertaining to expansion of key customer usage metrics (users, transactions, PNRs, RFPs, room nights, events) which supports the Master Account Expansion Plan.
- Expand StarCite footprint within the customer organization
- Develop strategy to expand adoption of StarCite tools throughout a customer organization by finding new users/new uses for the technology resulting in achievement of annual customer metrics goals contained in the account plan
- Act as customer advocate and relationship manager internally with StarCite management and technology group
- Ensure delivery of customer’s contractual components
- Management and Coordination of all products and services delivery within StarCite.
- Act as internal “expert” and trusted advisor on solutions that relate to process and achieving customer goals.
- Facilitate adoption management components of the customer relationship.
- Work with Global Account Managers to determine annual forecast for client assignments, specific to transaction fulfillment areas
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly analysis of account metrics plan results compared to projections.
- Analyze customer needs to identify new business opportunities.
- Support Global Account Manager by identifying customer needs and opportunities for customer expansion
- Liaise with technology team for platform enhancement requirements post SVP approval.
- Dotted line management responsibility for any dedicated customer team members including collaborating with HR for recruitment.
- Communicate customer service requirements on behalf of assigned customer base
- Engage more users of the technology within existing customer base.
Ability to multi-task, managing diverse timelines and deliverables.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Affinity to deal with multi-cultural partners around the world.
Proven customer management ability.
Must be results oriented and work well in a team environment.
Must have a desire to excel in a multi-task and fast-paced environment.
Flexibility and versatility in problem analysis and resolution.
Ability to communicate across functional lines.
Ability to troubleshoot and create action plans to quickly and effectively address problems.
Self-starter, be able to work independently and take initiatives.
Computer and Internet savvy must be skilled in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of HTML is a plus.
BA/BS Degree preferred.
Minimum 5 years Account Management or Relationship Management experience.
Direct experience managing a global customer.
Experience in the travel, meetings, incentive industry, with focus on technology solutions.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segments: Account Manager, Developer, Manager, Web Design, Marketing Manager, Sales, Technology, Management, Creative, Marketing