Posting Title Global Business Development Director, CIP About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers. Job Description VMware (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in cloud infrastructure, delivers customer-proven virtualization solutions that significantly reduce IT complexity. VMware accelerates an organization’s transition to cloud computing, while preserving existing IT investments and enabling more efficient, agile service delivery without compromising control. Organizations rely on VMware, its partners and its industry-leading virtual infrastructure platform, VMware vSphere, to energize their business through IT, while saving energy—financial, human and the Earth’s. With 2009 revenues of $2 billion, VMware has more than 190,000 customers and 25,000 partners worldwide. VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 8,200+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
This Global CIP Cloud Business Development position will own responsibility for driving a handful of “big bets” through to revenue productivity across our most strategic Consulting & integration Partners. The individual in this role will be responsible for “Big Bet” solution & initiative identification, deal & initiative structure, global resourcing of initiative teams, global engagement of resources , global relationships, and ultimately revenue generation that exceeds defined targets. The primary objective will be to establish a significant footprint in the largest and most influential corporations world-wide in an accelerated time-frame. This will be accomplished by the effective use and leverage of company resources; account teams, dedicated marketing, engineering resources, and substantial executive level involvement.
- Set Global Initiative strategy and direction that drives new VMware revenue
- Coordinate global sales coverage and drive local sales execution
- Set and approve all pricing for the designated initiative
- Serve as the initiatives's single point of contact
- Oversee ongoing potential opportunity or initiative activity within each account by reviewing, engaging & supporting GAM/GTAM teams.
- Oversee the creation and delivery of accurate quarterly and annual forecasts and account plans
- Establish highly strategic, thoughtful and deliberate plans within the existing framework of VMware’s transactional and metrics oriented business model
- A minimum of 15 years experience in technology sales with increasing levels of responsibility
- 5-7+ years of experience as a Global/Strategic Account Manager; focus in strategic Cloud solutions, platforms & architectures helpful.
- Experience engaging &/or partnering with Global Systems Integrator a must.
- Documented track record of proven success
- Proven experience managing in a matrix work environment
- Comfortable working with C level executives at Fortune 500 companies and building necessary business relationships throughout the organization
- Familiar with Target Account Selling or other established sales methodology a plus
Requisition Number 36021BR
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team
- Solid business acumen which appropriately balances creativity, entrepreneurship and risk taking
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral
- Dynamic presenter with the ability to translate technical thoughts to everyday language Location Palo Alto, CA, US
VMware - 20 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...