JOB SUMMARY: |
The primary responsibility of the New Business Development Director (NBDD) is to lead the business development efforts within a specified geographic area and will focus on customers with a large truckload spend. This role emphasizes aggressively establishing new relationships and generating revenue growth; therefore, the NBDD will be responsible for developing and executing action plans that will lead to successful signing of new business contracts. The NBDD will be responsible for developing opportunities on their own in addition to being provided leads from a centralized lead generation effort. The NBDD will lead the sales cycle coordinating all information, activities & internal resources. The NBDD will act as a business consultant to establish credibility with prospects through an understanding of their business issues and present logical, economically beneficial solutions. The NBDD will lead cross-functional and multi-level teams to face-off with the prospect. The NBDD will know internal mission, policies, & structure to bring resources and efficiency to the sales cycle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop, identify, and qualify new business development opportunities through strategic prospecting planning, which includes leads generated by the lead generation team.
2. Timely follow up on lead generation with weekly face to face sales calls.
3. Coordinate development of client solutions with the enterprise solution design team, relationship managers, and the line of business owners.
4. Develop, write, and present the value proposition for Schneider services to potential new business customers.
5. Prepare and lead contract negotiations for new business.
6. Coordinate with the Account Manager and business implementation team for implementation of the client solution.
7. Ensure timely and accurate account transition to Customer Service, Account Managers and Director of Account Development.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Three to five years sales experience- automotive and/or transportation- with a focus on solution selling to senior management. Demonstrated success in sales and new business development.
2. Knowledge of the fundamentals of the transportation industry and familiarity with industry leaders and competitors.
3. Financial management skills to understand and use appropriate financial principles and tools
4. Customer management skills to a) identify and articulate prospect requirements and performance expectations b) develop relationships based on openness, trust and mutual respect and c) provide creative solutions to achieve respective goals.
5. Problem analysis skills to a) break down complex issues into understandable and manageable data and b) clearly define the problem or opportunity for improvement.
6. Organization skills to maximizes the use of time and resources and to lead meetings effectively.
7. Negotiation skills to a) understand others perspective, experience, and information and b) explore alternatives and positions resulting in solutions all parties can support.
8. A teamwork skill that supports team goals and actively helps team meet its objectives.
9. Oral communication skills that a) articulates ideas clearly in one-on-one, small group, or large group settings and b) delivers effective presentations adapting language and style to fit audience needs.
10. Written communication skills for clear, concise and effective communication.
11. Personal computer skills using MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
12. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Schneider National - 17 months ago
Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in the...