The candidate must have a specific focus to actively search, analyze and communicate market intelligence on identified raw materials, molds, tooling and services from qualified Asian suppliers in order to support the Company's business objectives and goals. He/She will operate within Purchasing Department while networking internally with Aurora Marketing, Engineering, Product Development Teams, VP Manufacturing and others within the organization as identified in the
- Develop a project plan with the project team that includes milestones and completing dates that all members agree upon and execute against.
- Pre-qualify and recommend suppliers based of their ability to provide products to specification and at target cost meeting quality requirements.
- Manage day to day supplier related communications and activities identified within the product development and the implementation process.
- Streamline product development process with emphasis on speed, innovations, quality and cost.
- Negotiate all elements to ensure lowest total delivered cost of product
- Responsible for final negotiation and acquisition of all identified components, finishes goods, packaging and international logistics related to produce, procure, transport and stocking.
- Provide potential suppliers with detailed part requirements and specifications supplied by Engineering and other internal departments.
- Track activities issuing weekly projects updated task list. Managing day to day communications between project teams and global vendors.
- Determine, documents and gain approval for all tooling, molds and inventory investment required for all projects
- Maintain, document and organize all supplier correspondence related to the project activities.
- Hold all team members accountable for milestones, tasks and activities assigned to each that will ensure all projects are successful and completed on time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in procurement and supply chain management both domestic and global.
- Experience developing international sources and global supply chain management preferably in China and other Asian regions identified as "lowest cost country"
- Mechanically inclined with some experience developing new products.
- Preference to engineering background
- Exceptional negotiation skills, leadership values and commitment to cross-functional team efforts
- Willing to travel internationally up to 4 times a year for a duration of three to four weeks at a time
- High degree of creativity, flexibility and resourcefulness in the pursuit of cost improvements
- Appropriate foreign language skills and familiarity with culture.
- Blueprint reading proficient
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in a related field
- One to five years experience
- Must be able to lift or carry up to 25 lb
- Must be physically fit for frequent international and domestic travel.
Aurora Casket Company - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Aurora Casket Company won't meet you at the Pearly Gates, but it will get you there in style. One of the nation's largest casket...