This position serves as a Legal Billing Specialist for the Company Legal Team, including General Counsel, Intellectual Property, Marketing Properties and subsidiary companies, along with other subsidiary companies enrolled as part of on-going implementations. |
The position is responsible for the creation of new matters, performing first-level invoice review, preparing an analysis including, but not limited to, outstanding invoices, matter data audits, active matter reports, pending invoices and matters exceeding budgets for assigned firms within the North & Latin American and AIME Regions; supporting related activities at the instruction of the Global Legal Billing Manager and/or the General Counsel Business Manager in the delivery of agreed financial objectives on behalf of the Company Global Legal Department.
- At least 3-5 years, experience in a Finance role. FINANCE EXPERIENCE IS A MUST. Preference is for experience in a professional services industry, such as law firm or a similar role in a legal department in comparable organization.
- Excellent computer skills including advanced Excel capabilities
- Must have the ability to organize, prioritize demanding workload and meet deadlines
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills (including negotiation)
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting theory, practice, and application
- Finance experience (3-5 years preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of credit and collections methods and procedures
- The ability solve issues and provide recommendations for changes
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and tasks
- Good judgmental decision making ability
- Ability to handle conflict, interact patiently and retain composure under pressure
CareerBuilder - 22 months ago