You will be responsible for demand generation for the channel. You will work very
closely with the channel partners, the channel sales team (all regions) and the
marketing team to support and accelerate all channel activities on a global basis.
You will be directly responsible for joint marketing programs, partner launch
activities, partner event management, sales promotions, partner portal
management, partner communications, product marketing in partner channels,
and the global channel marketing budget. You must have high energy and be able
to multi-task and communicate exceedingly well. Global travel is required.
The Global Channel Marketing Manager designs, develops and executes revenuegenerating joint marketing programs with our channel partners worldwide. This
role requires a veteran marketer with an understanding of channel marketing
programs, especially those aimed at increasing channel sell-through.
- • Develop, design, implement and measure marketing programs at both the distributor and reseller levels across the globe. Continuous innovation is required to effectively engage partners to focus on Ipswitch products.
- • Manage and monitor execution of all channel-marketing programs, working closely with partners as well as the marketing, sales, and business development teams.
- • Responsible for partner communications: crafting and sending partner communications on an ongoing basis.
- • Execute partner events, conferences and meetings.
- • Manage the launch process and documentation of the partner program
- • Serve as the first point of contact for partner questions, including how to navigate the partner portal, where to find resources, report on bugs, etc., and also serve as the point person to articulate business needs for portal enhancements.
- • Responsible for advocating for the channel at product launch meetings (represent concerns/requirements of the Channel), and for developing the product launch plan for the Channel
- • Evaluate program opportunities based on consistency with overall business goals and marketing strategy, as well as the financial ROI, brand synergy, potential impact/visibility, and execution requirements.
- • Design and implement measurements to quantify revenue generated from programs executed in the channel.
- • Evaluate and measure current processes, and where necessary, establish more efficient and consistent ones.
- • Evangelize and champion channel mission, purpose, and needs internally.
- • Commission and coordinate channel marketing research to understand customer and partner needs.
- • Minimum 3-5 years Channel Marketing experience, preferably global experience.
- • Strong understanding of Channel ecosystem – role of distribution, VAR, DMR.
- • Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, presentation, and project management skills required.
- • Strong understanding of marketing concepts.
- • Excellent budget management skills required.
- • Innovator with the ability to influence staff and management at all levels (internally and externally).
Datto, Inc. - 23 months ago