Global Client Manager-13005131
The Global Client Manager’s position is responsible for maintaining and growing business for a multi-portfolio of accounts within $20-$50M in air volume. The successful candidate for this position will work in collaboration with global colleagues in Client Management, Service Delivery, Advisory Services, Finance, etc to grow business, improve profitability and deliver key metrics while deepening client relationships.
The Client Manager’s role is to strengthen our customer partnership through a combination of exceptional relationship management and consultative skills, a sophisticated ability to synthesize client needs and identify innovative solutions, a strong understanding of the external market, and their in-depth knowledge of the AXP value proposition. In order to drive growth and develop innovative, value-add and client focused solutions, the Client Services will also be responsible for:
- Collaborative effort to identify new opportunities and delivering innovative solutions that continue to add value and expand Amex’s web of influence
- Developing an in-depth understanding of key business drivers, organizational culture and the competitive position of clients. The successful candidate must be able to ‘get under the skin’ of the individual clients they work with and understand their individual needs, motivations and ‘hot buttons’, in order to develop truly customer focused solutions
- Researching the marketplace and competitor products and services to highlight the value that distinguishes AXP products, and specifically leverages MI, benchmarking, and technology as critical value drivers
- Creating creative pricing strategies, and contributing to ongoing client P&L management
- Leading business planning, C-Level executive reviews, quarterly and annual reviews, and business negotiations on rebids
Candidate will sit virtual; must reside in the Tri-State area.
- 3-5 years account / client management, sales, consulting, or procurement experience required
- Demonstrated ability to create strategic vision, build action plans and set goals
- Proven innovative problem-solving abilities and decision making skills required, in addition to project management, prioritization, and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to proactively build and maintain a comprehensive network, both internally and externally, in order to successfully navigate through client organizations
- A sophisticated range of communication and presentation skills in order to present complex ideas in simple and compelling way to a wide variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn, understand, and articulate key product and value proposition knowledge in a variety of contexts
- Strong financial acumen required to leverage the key drivers of profitability
- Strong business acumen required to communicate the Amex/Business Travel value proposition
- Strong analytical mindset
- Advanced software skills (MS Office) required
- MBA preferred
Primary Location: US-New York
US-Connecticut, US-New Jersey
American Express - 16 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...