Has overall responsibility for help desk staff and the activities associated with the identification, prioritization, and resolution of reported problems. Ensures that all phases of help desk support are coordinated, monitored, logged and tracked and resolved appropriately. Responsible for development, maintenance, and integrity of help desk software. This role also manages the relationship with other support teams supporting International and subsidiaries users and works to improve overall global support to achieve 24x7 support. Manages the IS Coordinator network to improve end user support and training as well as reduce calls to the service desk.
In addition to help desk this role is also responsible for managing the client technologies team. Define desktop and other client technologies, such as mobile and VDI, standards, manage costs towards competitive industry benchmarks and manage & measure vendor performance. Evaluates and Implements Mobile Device Management Solution and mobile expense management services. Responsible for all IT end user communications.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
- Improve Global Account Teams Support (24x7, Multilanguage, Managed Service Providers)
- Ensures that all phases of help desk support are coordinated, monitored, logged and tracked and resolved appropriately.
- Responsible for development, maintenance, and integrity of service desk software.
- Improve service desk and implement self-service workflows.
- Review social and crowdsourcing solutions to improve support and reduce calls to the support desk.
- Standardize and Streamline Asset Mgmt & Procurement processes leveraging Kace and Managed Service Providers)
- Improve Client Management practices around standardization, Mobile VDI and BYOD/BYOC
- Manage and improve client backup policies and solutions.
- Improve mobile management practices and enforce policies.
- Evaluate and Implement Mobile Device Management Solution and mobile expense management services.
- Improve customer satisfaction and reduce cost by improving support.
- Manages the IS Coordinator network to improve support and reduce calls to service desk.
- Works with other IT teams to ensure service desk is trained to support the end users in new applications and/or services.
- Responsible for communications to end users on outages, maintenance, etc.
- Required to work unpredictable hours and/or weekends when necessary.
a) Experience Required
b) Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field; or equivalent work experience
- 7 or more years in IS and especially leading a global help desk organization.
- 5 or more years of leadership responsibilities with experience in related industry managing large, heterogeneous client technology and global 24x7 end user environments.
- Experience in areas of vendor management, managed service providers, client technologies such as Windows XP & 7, and mobile platforms such as IOS and Blackberry.
- Experience on BYOD, BYOC and VDI environments a plus.
- Strong understanding of current and emerging technologies
- Ability to provide effective and timely solutions to internal customers while managing costs and risks
- Ability to communicate technology solutions in business terms
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Global Technical Knowledge
- Innovation Management
- Integrity and Trust
- Learning on the Fly
- Managing Diversity
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Agility
Daymon - 2 years ago