Virtustream (www.virtustream.com ) is a leading enterprise cloud software and services provider. The company's secure high-performance cloud platform, xStream, enables hybrid cloud deployments, supports multiple hypervisors, and is the industry's first to offer a sub-virtual machine pricing model that is truly consumption-based.
Virtustream’s team comprises of architects, engineers and developers with deep expertise in cloud migration strategies, cloud platform deployment, enterprise application management and advanced data center technologies.
The Collections Specialist is primarily responsible for collections of outstanding accounts receivable dollars on global basis from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, including resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency. This position will report to the Corporate Controller.
QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE - SKILLS:
Experience and Skills
- Reviewing open accounts for collection efforts.
- Making outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Sending reminder e-mails for delinquent accounts.
- Resolves client-billing problems and rescues accounts receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner.
- Collect customer payments in accordance with payment due dates.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management.
- Review and monitor assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Work within Navision, our financial system for proper billing and cash payments within the system.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 5-10 years of corporate collections experience including interaction with a large customer base.
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast paced, changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Access.
- Knowledge of Navision or other accounting systems.
- Experience working with a start-up and/or high growth company is preferred.
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
- Aggressive, self-disciplined individual who understands the sense of urgency needed when dealing with collections and bringing down AR numbers; in both revenue and days to collect.