The sector commodity director for electronic components is responsible for the development and implimentation of semiconductor sourcing strategies across the company. This key strategic position is responsible for managing component material costs, R&D engagement and strategy alignment, long term security of supply, supplier performance, and establishing a preferred supply base to be utilized by our business units. Additional scope of responsibilities include:
i) Participate in developing aggregate sourcing strategies and policies;
ii) Ensure optimal supplier pricing, supply responsiveness, quality, and contractual compliance;
iii) Provide procurement direction and management leadership to the business units relative to electronics commodities;
iv) Manage external executive level relationships with key suppliers;
v) Maintain industry intelligence on technology trends, sourcing options, and competitive pricing;
vi) Measure and report commodity performance objectives against annual operating plans.
Minimum five (5) to seven (7) years progressive responsibilties managing large spend semiconductor portfolios;
- Comprehensive understanding of semiconductor technologies and component families sufficient to engage R&D community;
- Superior data management skills utilizing Excel, Microsoft Access;
- Prior commercial experience in an outsourcing environment is essential;
- Purchasing experience sourcing commodities on a global scale;
- BS or BA in relevant discipline; MBA preferred.
Endevis - 14 months ago