As a Community Coordinator at oDesk, you will have the opportunity to connect with an active community of independent professionals and start-ups working together across the globe. We’re looking for someone who loves to get things done, is an experienced participant in online communities, and is a purist when it comes to writing and communicating.You’ll be a voice of the company, voice of the customer, analyst and master planner - you’ll never be bored. If you’re driven, self-motivated, creative, and organized, this is the role for you.
This position will report to the Director of Customer Marketing.
What you will do...
What you need to be successful...
- Forum leadership . Engage with the forum community with online activities, discussion topics, videos, etc.
- Channel management . Review forum posts, moderate, and share issues with the rest of the oDesk team.
- Customer advocate. Act as a conduit between the company and users - delivering valuable insights to the oDesk team.
- Writing. Respond to posts on the forum, assist with blog articles and educational materials, create presentations for local events.
- Event project management. Plan and execute global events.
- A great listener who values building authentic relationships
- Strong organizational skills and a proactive approach
- Coolness under pressure and ability to effectively summarize and communicate information
- Good knowledge of the principles of customer service
- Working operational knowledge and understanding of online community platform moderation tools
- Quick learner who will understand oDesk’s products and features, user base, and internet culture
- Team player, detail focused and reliable
- An articulate writer and communicator, experienced in web design and some HTML coding
- 4-year university degree
- Experience with customer facing writing, social networking, forums, project management, and event planning
oDesk is where the world goes to work! We are the world’s largest online workplace, connecting savvy businesses with independent professionals across the globe. Businesses empowered their growth by spending more than $78 million on oDesk’s platform for online talent in Q1 2012. oDesk has been featured in Forbes, the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, the New York Times, and was featured in 2011 as one of the top ten fastest growing privately owned companies in Silicon Valley.
oDesk Corporation - 19 months ago