TripAdvisor is expanding globally and looking to hire a Global Content Specialist with Indonesian fluency to handle a wide variety of content and support related duties. The ideal candidate should have native language fluency, excellent time management skills and the flexibility to move quickly among a broad range of tasks and teams.
What You'll Do:
What We Seek:
- Process incoming listings requests to maintain the accuracy of our database of destinations, hotel, restaurant and attractions, localizing property names as appropriate
- Moderate review submissions and/or forums posts
- Handle all day to day customer service operations via e-mail, phone, and chat in local language; monitor user feedback and communicate user needs to appropriate teams
- Ensure the integrity of TripAdvisor content via proprietary tools and processes
- Scanning the site daily for localization improvements
- Track and report upon on content metrics
- Collaborate with team to improve our internal toolset
- Troubleshoot technical problems and escalating bug reports to engineering team
- Additional responsibilities will be assigned as necessary
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Native Indonesian speaker (Bahasa)
- Fluency in English
- Flexibility to work across a number of business functions, with dotted lines to several managers, working on a wide range of tasks
- 1-2 years of experience supporting an online community. Additional editorial and/or online community experience strongly preferred
- Ability to learn new tools and skills quickly
- Strong communicator with ability to operate effectively across teams
- Ability to exercise editorial judgment
- Service oriented, and maintains composure under pressure
- Strong time management/prioritization skills, flexibility and multi-tasking ability
- Experience working in a fast-paced Web environment with Web-based tools
- Excellent people skills and the ability to resolve user issues diplomatically
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site, enabling travelers to plan and have the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted advice from real travelers and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with seamless links to booking tools. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, with more than 56 million unique monthly visitors*, and over 75 million reviews and opinions. The sites operate in 30 countries worldwide, including China under daodao.com. TripAdvisor also operates TripAdvisor for Business, a dedicated division that provides the tourism industry access to TripAdvisor's millions of monthly visitors.
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly.
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively.
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way.
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role.
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner.
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business.
TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) manages and operates websites under 19 other travel media brands, and together the sites attract more than 69 million unique monthly visitors**.
*Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, Worldwide, May 2012
**Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Inc. and its subsidiaries, Worldwide, May 2012
©2012 TripAdvisor, Inc. All rights reserved.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
***NO RECRUITERS PLEASE***
Smarter Travel Media - 23 months ago
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to plan and have the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted...