Houston Role synopsis A Credit Risk Analyst is responsible for assigning internal risk ratings and maintaining fundamental coverage of industries and counterparties in support of the existing business mix within Integrated Supply & Trading as well as the enablement and control of forward-looking business strategies over time.
This role can be performed on a flexible work arrangement. Key accountabilities – Using fundamental and peer comparison analytics to provide up-to-date analysis and outlooks on IST's counterparties;
– Assigning and maintaining internal risk ratings on all of IST's counterparties based on the above analysis, building industry-specific rating metrics where necessary;
– Providing consultation and support on new transaction opportunities, on the sizing of credit limits and on the development of credit hedging strategies; and
– Publishing credit analysis and outlooks in a timely and value-added manner, both to support minimum requirements of internal credit policies and to raise awareness and conversation around credit risk throughout IST generally. Essential Education BA required Essential experience and job requirements – Innovative mindset which embraces the opportunity to add value by devising new approaches or solutions to overcome business hurdles without sacrificing prudent risk controls.
– A relentless commitment to excellence and to enabling sound business growth.
– Excellent interpersonal skills and a comfort level in working effectively with people at various organizational levels within BP.
– A comfort level in working autonomously, sometimes under high-pressured and fast-paced circumstances, and often times with limited information and ambiguity. Desirable criteria & qualifications – 6+ years of experience in relative value credit analysis, with
– Experience covering multiple industry sectors.
– Experience underwriting Product and Natural Gas Marketers and Commodity Trading firms a plus.
– Experience covering high-yield as well as investment-grade sectors
– Experience covering energy sector
– CFA or MBA preferred Relocation available No Travel required Yes - up to 10% Is this a part time position? No About BP Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Integrated Supply & Trading (IST) is BP's face to the traded markets for BP in oil, gas, power, chemicals and finance. IST's role is to enhance Group value through distinctive supply, commodity trading, risk management and information technology skills underpinned by a world class finance, control and compliance infrastructure. IST has a dynamic and highly skilled workforce, which creates value by combining analysis and commercial innovation with the material asset base of BP.
The IST Risk organization is an integral function within BP's global oil and gas trading and supply activities. IST Risk is comprised of teams with expertise in Credit Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk and Risk Quantitative Analysis. All the Risk teams provide both independent oversight of our trading activities as well as support the business in various commercial decision making capacities. The teams ensure IST is operating within approved limits, advise management of areas for review as well as provide pre trade support and risk analysis.
IST fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We are proud of our stance on fairness, equal opportunity and meritocracy, which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. Disclaimer If you are selected for the position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. BP is an equal opportunity employer. Segment Integrated Supply & Trading Removal Time 23:59 (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) Removal Date 24-Jan-2013