The business case for investing in agrochemicals for crop protection is clear. We face growing populations with people living longer, greater economic prosperity in emerging markets, and higher demand for bio-based fuels. At a time when more arable land is needed, farmlands are diminishing. All of this means that more is needed from less – increased production, efficiency, and yield from less available farmlands.
At MWV we design and manufacture dispersants for agrochemicals. This is an unprecedented time when our customers are keenly focused on innovation to meet the global challenge of growing more crops from less resources. We believe our technologies can deliver the performance needed to meet the challenges facing our customers. We are looking for an accomplished global business director to connect our commercial, technical, and product offerings to the needs of our customers.
The ideal candidate is strategy-oriented, results focused, and has a prolific track record of building productive global partnerships in the crop protection market.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Build MWV’s global 3-year Agrochemicals strategy and then lead this strategy to reality. The strategy should include a market overview, summary of key customers & competitors, marketing plan, desired future state, and milestones. Identify capital expenditure, product distribution, talent, and resources needs to execute the strategy. Opportunities in North America, Europe, India, China, and South America should be addressed.
- Be accountable for P&L of a multi-million dollar existing global dispersants business expected to grow dramatically more.
- Develop and execute 12-18 month global operating plan, complete with goals, milestones, and metrics. A successful operating plan should translate into a reliable forecast and growth projections.
- Form multi-level contacts across customer base. Establish relationships with marketing and business functions to understand the role our products play in their growth strategies. Foster relationships within technical teams to position MWV’s products as preferred dispersants for product development efforts.
- Develop key account plans for major existing and target customers. Leverage salesforce.com and other communication vehicles (conference calls, videoconferences, etc.) to achieve global connectivity and collaboration.
- Articulate the value proposition for MWV’s products to include SWOT analyses of competitors and alternative technologies.
- Categorize current product sales by crop, active ingredient, region of use.
- Lead business efforts for non-agrochemical lignin dispersants and ensure team has resources and direction needed to support the business.
- 10 years of related experience preferred BS in technical, business or marketing field required
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills
- The ability to travel 30-50% across North America, Europe, India, China, and South America.
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...