GXS is seeking a Global Director of Product Management.
The Global Director of Product Management guides a
cross-functional team working as a business unit charged
with the contribution of a product line. This
responsibility extends from increasing the profitability
of existing products to developing new products for GXS.
As the Director you will build products from existing
ideas and help to develop new ideas based on your
industry experience and your contact with customers and
prospects. You will spend time in the vertical markets
to understand their problems, and find innovative
solutions for the broader market. Using your unique
blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture
vision and drive, you will make that vision a reality.
Your typical work month might include data modeling,
prioritizing investments, meeting with customers,
gathering and prioritizing market requirements,
influencing product direction, influencing product
engineering, services and product support, researching
risks and opportunities, and aiding in the planning of
Key Responsibilities Include:
strategic planning to tactical activities
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from
future products by conducting market research
- Specifying market requirements for current and
supported by on-going visits to customers and
(primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing)
- Driving a solution set across development teams
through market requirements, product contract, and
go-to-market plan, working with all departments to
- Developing and implementing a company-wide
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the
of working at corporate headquarters
- Excellent upward career potential due to visibility
managed services and cloud technology
- Opportunity to work for an international leader in
walking distance to shopping and restaurants in
- State-of-the-art corporate offices located within
matching and tuition reimbursement
- Free covered parking
- Comprehensive benefits to include 401k plan with
Job Requirements:Preferred Experience for Maximum Success Include:
- 5-10+ years of software marketing/product management
- Experience in SaaS, outsourcing, and or B2B
degree or applicable work experience
- Knowledgeable in technology.
- Computer Science, Business, Finance, Engineering
- Availability for both domestic and international
well as research and analytical skills to help
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, as
defend investment ideas.
include financial modeling).
- Strong executive presence and professional maturity.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Proficiency at building an investment thesis (to
- Strong skills in using MS word, MS excel, and MS
Req. Code : 2168
Organizational Unit : CSD