The Company: Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength- delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately- is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.
Bloomberg is looking for an event marketing professional to join our Central Marketing team in New York. In this position, the candidate will be responsible for the development, planning, management and execution of events across Bloomberg, specifically for Sustainability, Philanthropy and BNEF.
- Developing and managing a functional relationship with marketing and/or sales lead in region based on assigned Business Unit
- Managing assigned events to be on-brand and ensure messaging for the product line
- Overall responsibility at the event level for execution excellence, tool compliance and metrics
- Following internal processes and determines different approaches for event execution, when necessary, in order to achieve success
- Collaborating with marketing managers and business unit liaisons to ensure compliance with internal and external guidelines, drive event attendance, and create experiences conducive to achieving the designated metrics
- Ensuring internal database for events is 100% up-to-date
- Infusing customized, out-of-the-box ideas and solutions for events
- Managing the process to develop invites, event signage, architecture layout, based on existing style guide and standards
- Preparing and complying with event budgets, negotiation with vendors, and ensuring payments & reconciliations take place in a timely manner
- Updating a weekly report as well as compiling a quarterly report of event results for department managers
5-7 years of event/experiential planning experience with multi-faceted events within a company or agency.
Working knowledge and/or skilled in the following:
- Business Knowledge: Understands all the functions within the business, plans effectively to meet objectives and uses resources efficiently. Identifies opportunities across the organization, negotiates effectively and helps support revenue generation.
- Personal and Interpersonal Skills: Takes personal responsibility for making things happen, actively builds relationships with others and adopts communication styles appropriate to the situation
- Bloomberg Advocacy: Actively promotes Bloomberg brand, values and direction to both internal and external stakeholders
- Compliance: Knows the regulatory environment and adheres to Bloombergs compliance policies and procedures
- Brand: Develops and maintains the brand positioning, tone, materials to ensure we are consistent and supportive of the brand
- Event Management: Design and delivery of event activity which delivers business income
- Financial Management and Reporting: Produces and provides accurate financial and management reports. Proactively manages budgets and suppliers
- Project Leadership: Leads domestic projects with multiple stakeholders and teams from inception to delivery
- Relationship Management and Influencing: Builds effective relationships both across Bloomberg and external stakeholders for commercial influencing
- Strategy and Planning: Creates event plans that meet business objectives and support Bloombergs overall strategic goals
- Continuous Improvement: Looks for systems, processes and new supplier
Bloomberg - 8 months ago
Bloomberg is the leading global provider of data, news and analytics. The BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL service and Bloomberg's media services prov...