Panther Expedited Services, Inc. is the largest independent provider of premium transportation services including ground, air, ocean, and logistics. Headquartered in Seville, Ohio, Panther has offices throughout the United States, including Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles, and Sacramento. As we have expanded our expertise and service offerings, Panther has grown to include all types of ground, air, and ocean freight service. For more information about Panther visit www.pantherexpedite.com .
We offer a competitive salary and benefit plan. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, disability and 401(k). The environment at Panther is exciting, fast-paced and full of opportunity for energetic, highly-motivated and results-driven professionals.
Panther Expedited Services is looking for the appropriate person to join our Global Freight Forwarding team, experience in both import and export - air and ocean services are a must. The right candidate will have sufficient international forwarding experience. Panther is looking for team players that will work well with our International and domestic team. A basic understanding of international airfreight is a strong plus. This person must be willing to participate and learn all aspects of Panther Global Forwarding. Candidate must be willing to work in a fast pasted operation, be flexible to changing work hours and maintain a drive to succeed.
- Answers telephone calls with strong emphasis on customer care
- Communicates directly with clients, agents and overseas partners
- Assists with quoting, pricing and fulfillment for presentation to customers
- Prepares and creates documentation for GFF shipments
- Coordinates with team members to ensure collaborative environment
- Track & Trace, update milestones and distributes data accordingly
- Understands and executes SOP’s and procedures
- Previous forwarding experience, in a forwarder or call center environment.
- Preferred Experience in at least 2 of the following; Domestic Air, International Air & Ocean Operations experience
- Detailed, organized, embraces structure and procedures
- Strong customer service and telephone skills
- Must be motivated to learn all aspects of forwarding; domestic and international
- Understands that this position requires time sensitive processes which may extend work hours on occasion in accordance with Panther’s policy
Job Development: As this role is continuously evolving, the expectations to be considered for advancement to Global Freight Forwarding Agent III are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or minimum 2 years comparable International forwarding experience.
- Strong team player with leadership qualities.
- Multi lingual a plus however is not necessary.
- Domestic and/or International experience in a freight forwarding setting.
Panther provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. Applicants encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Drug and Nicotine-free work environment. Pre-employment drug and Nicotine screening required. Must be eligible to work in this country.
- DG Certified, fully versed and capable in IATA DG Regulations & application
- Primary employee assigned to key customers and their SOP.
- Proven ability to communicate with customers, agents and partners.
- Demonstrates the ability and desire to learn international/domestic forwarding.
- TSA trained and fully aware of all compliance requirements.
Panther Expedited Services, Inc. is the largest independent provider of Premium Logistics® services including ground, air, ocean, and...