GLOBAL GRID TIE DIVISION ENGINEERING MANAGER
Responsible to lead, manage, and provide technical
direction to a product development engineering team for
a major product, system, or program. Defines plans and
monitors costs and technical performance; coordinates
the technical effort and establishes operational plans
to accomplish program objectives.
Division staff position; direct report to a division
General Manager. Coordinates with internal teams or
interdependent departments within the business unit. May
coordinate cross-discipline engineering teams.
Has regular internal and external interaction with
program management or customers on technical projects
assigned to the team. May have cross-business unit or
division interface on common technical issues.
1. Define plans and monitor costs and technical
performance for a major product development and/or core
engineering project or multiple projects. Implement
on-going project status reviews using project management
tools and engineering systems.
2. Makes decisions on technical priorities or design
alternatives for projects within the team’s scope. Acts
as the primary technical contact on team or project
performance and as an advisor to engineering or business
unit leadership. Represents the organization as the
technical liaison in providing solutions to customer
3. Build and maintain collaborative relationships with
internal and external customers and assure customer
needs are identified and addressed.
4. Implement and maintain consistent engineering
practices, standards, and documentation procedures and
reporting systems (e.g. implement Winovation; structured
product development processes and gate reviews;
engineering change flow down; knowledge databases).
Takes appropriate steps to protect and safeguard Parker
5. Develop and analyze the operating budget; projects
and plans for future needs (e.g. workforce planning;
introduction of new technologies). Monitor conformance
to contractual and cost elements. Provide cost input for
6. Compile engineering cost data and identify
opportunities for process improvements to reduce cost or
improve engineering productivity. Provide feedback to
the team on performance to engineering cost targets.
7. Make recommendations and decisions on human resources
actions (e.g. staffing, training, compensation, etc.);
discusses exceptional cases with the next level manager.
Communicate and implement actions to ensure Parker
values and company policies are well understood and
maintained (e.g. business ethics; integrity; inclusion).
8. Works with business development and program
management to identify new business opportunities,
present Parker product capabilities, and clarify
customers’ technical requirements.
Identify and create technical training and development
plans. Mentor or serve as a resource to share
specialized knowledge with others. Maintain leadership
and technical capabilities through continued education
technical discipline. PE certification a plus. Masters
- Bachelors degree (BS) in engineering or a science
degree (MS or MBA) preferred.
functions of the job acquired through 7-9 years of
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential
related experience. Prior management/supervisory or
project engineering responsibility of 2-3 years
discipline or domain, and products or systems.
- Has thorough knowledge of the technical engineering
Understands and is fully proficient with project
management, engineering documentation requirements, and
engineering analysis tools.
product development cycle, and understanding of cost
- Ability to apply knowledge of program management, the
accounting principles and methods (e.g. earned value
management). Experience with program and design reviews
and/or other customer requirements and industry
groups of employees. Ability to guide and develop the
- Ability to foster teamwork and inclusion with diverse
team by providing challenging assignments and through
effective coaching, feedback, recognition, and skill
assessment and training.
standards, policies, and compliance requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of industry and regulatory
actions, recommendations, and other technical
- Ability to effectively communicate and present status,
information with clarity and precision. Maintains open
communication within the team and other business areas.
Ability to respond to significant inquiries from
customers, regulatory agencies, or marketing/sales
High Level Purpose:
(products and systems) and responsible for overall
- Coordinate all aspects of engineering for the division
integrity of product
High Level Work that will be required:
in the division
- Lead and support NPD and systems engineering activity
- Partner with the Business Development Manager on
- Lead technology roadmapping and work with marketing on
ensure performance is to the timelines set
- Manage the Stage Gate process for the division and
that complement our business and technology
- Develop relationships within academia and industry
event of quality issues
- Assist and/or assign resources for failure analysis in
- Leads the team and sets the vision
- Ensures technical resources support the growth
- Support and analyze engineering gaps in the business
industry and products
- Experience and exposure to power conversion (grid-tie)
HOW TO APPLY
- Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- Business and finance experience a plus
- Prior leadership experience
- Cross functional team experience
- Global experience is a plus
Please upload resume in Word (.doc) format with your
online application at parker.com/careers referencing job
code # 15592
A cover letter summarizing experience against above
qualifications is strongly recommended.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
Req. Code : 15592
Division/Department : AUTO - EGT Charlotte
% of Travel Required : 10-20%
Parker-Hannifin operates on a big scale (its motion control equipment helped sink a replica of the Titanic in the Academy Award-winning...